turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger 3500 pattern

Started by istuffanimals, March 23, 2012, 09:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

istuffanimals

Hey all. Just got done patterning my new Stoeger 3500 26in and am well pleased. Thought I would try the factory choke with WinHV 3.5 #5 but could never break 100 in the 10". Then shot Fed. 3.5 2 1/4oz #5 FC and it was way worse even though I was cleaning it between shots. The factory choke was catching a lot of plastic so I polished it and got it shiny. It measured @.660 btw. Results were better. I then shot HVY 13 2 1/4 #6.  Wow. 219 in the 10" lasered @40. Is it worth even trying another choke? Love this gun btw.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: istuffanimals on March 23, 2012, 09:49:51 AM
Hey all. Just got done patterning my new Stoeger 3500 26in and am well pleased. Thought I would try the factory choke with WinHV 3.5 #5 but could never break 100 in the 10". Then shot Fed. 3.5 2 1/4oz #5 FC and it was way worse even though I was cleaning it between shots. The factory choke was catching a lot of plastic so I polished it and got it shiny. It measured @.660 btw. Results were better. I then shot HVY 13 2 1/4 #6.  Wow. 219 in the 10" lasered @40. Is it worth even trying another choke? Love this gun btw.

First of all, welcome to OG. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing more from you.

I hear nothing but good things about the 3500 and it sounds like yours is no exception. Many of my readers are having great success with that gun and the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke but since you're already seeing such great patterns, I would not see any reason for you to change a thing.

I hope you have a great season and enjoy your new gun in the turkey woods this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

rebelman

219  #6's will kill them every time.

I can't wait to get mine next week.

istuffanimals

Quote from: rebelman on March 23, 2012, 10:12:41 AM

219  #6's will kill them every time.

I can't wait to get mine next week.

I have shot several boxes of heavy dove up to the heavy 13 loads without any problems at all. Great gun so far.

cannonball

Mimosa Gobbler

I believe you may have a dead turkey in your future!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

slee

Im getting around 260 with a hevi choke and 3.5 mag blends.

gobblingghost

check out rutnstrut's pattern with the same gun on this forum