OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

putting feathers on soundboards?

Started by Swamp, March 22, 2012, 11:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp

Do you super glue them or what? Gonna turn a walnut pot tomorrow and do glass over glass and want to put a feather on the sound board.Will be my first attempt at a pot call.  Thanks for the help

- Ben

Cut*N*Run

I've only done one but I put a nice drop of the gel super glue on the base of the stem and it came out perfect.

lightsoutcalls

I use plumbers goop for my soundboards and surfaces, so I take the nozzle top off of the tube, touch the feather stem to the little curl of glue that is sticking out.  If you can see even a tiny bit of shiny glue on the feather stem, you have enough.  I then place the feather on the soundboard and place a small wood cutoff  (about 1"x1"x2") on the feather above where the glue was placed.  Let it sit for a couple of hours and it will be good to glue into your call.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Swamp

TarheelTurk

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 23, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
I use plumbers goop for my soundboards and surfaces, so I take the nozzle top off of the tube, touch the feather stem to the little curl of glue that is sticking out.  If you can see even a tiny bit of shiny glue on the feather stem, you have enough.  I then place the feather on the soundboard and place a small wood cutoff  (about 1"x1"x2") on the feather above where the glue was placed.  Let it sit for a couple of hours and it will be good to glue into your call.

X2 works Great !!
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

handcannon

Same here with the goop. I use a syringe and put a dab at the base and a dab in the center. Position it and press it in place. Make sure it is flat so it does not touch the striking surface above. I dont know if it would affect the call but its best to keep it flat.