turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

UNBELIEVABLE!

Started by st8tman, March 20, 2012, 09:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

Dropped in my local Gander Mountain this afternoon, basically to kill a few minutes and see what might be on the clearance racks. Lord knows their "normal" prices are basically highway robbery! Anyway I eventually drifted over to the ammo section to see what they had in stock with Virginia's opening day only a few weeks away. Here is where I witnessed what had to be GOLD......Federal HW 3 1/2" #7's 5 PACK.....thats FIVE PACK.... $34.95!!!!! I fell to the ground.....hit my head (Thank GOD for Carpet), grabbed my chest and began to breath very, very Shallow! My buddy said the blood left my face and I turned an ashy color with my eyes rolled back in my head! After turning away the lady who rushed over with a Diffubulator (sp), I managed to get a fresh chew of Levi Garrett into my mouth, get back upon my feet.....and Sprint for the door!!! Seriously....who the heck are they kidding? I realize nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, and we live in the Greatest Democracy the world has ever known......but C'mon Man! Way I figure those guys on Discovery who have a TV show searching for Gold in Alaska...could save time, money and resources and just head over to Gander Mountain Roanoke Va. Cause They Got Gold!!!

trkehunr93

Agreed!  Way overpriced on everything they have.  I just go in there to kill time, even their "clearance racks" shouldn't be called that.  I only buy from them if I absolutely have too.

turkey_slayer

I take it you didnt buy any lol

R AJ

They are still way way below the price that Sportsman's Guide has for the mag Blends ie. $55 plus per 5 pack. They replied that this is the right price for them.

Philippe

Gander Mtn. has always been on crack. And sadly enough alot of the other sporting goods places are right along with them including small mom&pop stores.

st8tman

For Real! I tell ya I thought I had failed to pay for my ticket.....as surely this was a Circus!

gobblerguide

The only stor e i really support is SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE,,JMO
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

Grant Flaming

I live near Wichita, KS and we just got a brand new Cabela's. I heard some people talking about how excited they were about it and I just had to shake my head. It seems all the major sporting goods stores around here are over priced and they always carry things like 20 gauge Hevi-13 in #5's? What the heck is that all about?! they could sell SOOO much more and lower prices if they just stocked what people want to buy!

Okay. Off my soap box  :goofball:

Frankinthelaurels

ALL of these turkey loads are getting out of control in the price department!! I never thought I'd see a 10 pack of shot shells cost $20 but now some of the are getting close to $40.00 for a 10 pack...simple, just don't buy them...if there's one you like keep an eye on the clearance racks after the season and you'll find them there.. I may just go back to lead shells, the federal 2oz. #5 costs less than $10 for 10, I don't think it would be that much less of a killer under 40 yards. IT'S getting out of control on the turkey shelves!!!!

RaspyD

Gander Mt. here in Winchester, Va has Pure Gold choke tubes on sale for $39.99 if anybody is interested.
Perfection Turkey Calls

schuylkillspur

I take it you didnt buy any lol :TooFunny:
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

st8tman

NO!!!......At that price, I was scared I didn't have enough money in my pocket to even LOOK at them! I guess in retrospect they get enough "Big Spenders" who have no idea what they cost, and for that matter could care less so they but regardless of price! I for one am not one of them, nor are any of my fellow turkey hunters!