OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tebow's prayer

Started by MouthCaller, March 20, 2012, 12:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

surehuntsalot

hope they(Denver) don't think that wore out manning is going to get them anywhere near a championship :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

swamppirate

Quote from: Gobble! on March 20, 2012, 05:09:07 PM
Quote from: swamppirate on March 20, 2012, 04:58:34 PM
I hope the Washington Redskins don't try to sign him!!!! :character0029:

He could be the best quarterback they have had in 10 years  :TooFunny:
Word....
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Lunchbox

Heck, I could be the best QB they have had in 10 years. :icon_thumright:

swamppirate

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 20, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

Heck, I could be the best QB they have had in 10 years. :icon_thumright:

Maybe we can get Joe Theisman back....Lawrence Taylor isn't playing anymore!!! :you_rock:
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

lightsoutcalls

I don't know if any of you guys have heard of Kevin McCullough.  He has a conservative radio talk show and addressed this issue last night.  His angle was from that of loyalty.  He made the point that Elway has always made it clear that he has issues with Tebow.  It's hard to argue with numbers and stats.  Tebow may not play with the finesse of some quarterbacks, but nobody can argue that fact that under his time in the saddle, the Broncos season was pulled out of the crapper.  If I am correct, they were 0 and 4 when Tebow took over.  He led them to win their division and their first playoff game. 
   I don't generally keep up with organized sports.  It's just not that important to me.  However, I do take notice when someone who honors God with their talents excels in a given arena (be that football, bullriding, music, whatever...).  I could care less about how the points were scored, how many yards of passing versus yards of rushing or whatever.  What I see is a young man with character, something that many overlook.  What he does off the field has nothing to do with how many millions he gets on a contract, but has everything to do with his true value.  He brought kids suffering with cancer to some (if not all) of the Broncos games.  He donates time and money to orphanages and schools in foreign countries.  The Broncos ticket sales went through the roof while he was playing.  As Kevin McCullough stated, the organization does not appear to value having a positive moral influence, nor do they appear to recognize that the fringe benefits of that means more people want to see Tebow play, which in turn puts more money into the pockets of their organization.
   As I understand, Manning had vertebrae fused in a surgery and has been told that one good lick could put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, or worse.  I wish him well and hope that doesn't happen.  I do wonder, though, what possesses those who make such decisions for the organization to put "possibilities" over "proof".  It might be interesting to check Tebow's stats of wins/losses against Elway's record in their first season... Elway 2-5, Tebow 4-3 in their first 7 games as a professional.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!