OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hickory and walnut striker.

Started by Swamp, March 19, 2012, 09:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp

Here is a striker i just finished up. Pleased with how this one turned out.  Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

dreis3

That gun looks awfully familiar... Kinda looks like the one in my house that got a new Indian Creek choke today, a no frills, awesome shooting gun... Sweet looking striker too!!!

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Swamp

glad your gun is shooting good i cant seem to get any good patterns out of mine. its a 535 with a kicks Gobbling Thunder choke .655  what shells are you shooting?

dreis3

I have the 535 as well... Shot a pretty solid pattern with Hevi 6s and Mag Blends, and awesome patterns with Hevi 7s... I bought the Hevi-Shot choke made by Carlson's right after I bought the gun (I believe it's a .655) and the gun shot significantly better patterns with the factory turkey choke that came with the gun (.670 I think).... Like I said I just purchased the Indian Creek choke in a .665 and I'm very anxious to see how the gun likes it.
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Swamp

i dont think its the gun/choke that are having problems i think its the shells im using. Im shooting lead i dont really want to spend a hole lot for just 5 shots lol.  and are you using the long barrel or the shorter one?

dreis3

short turkey barrel with the scope
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Cut*N*Run

Swamp

handcannon

Swamp

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call