OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Coating turkey legs

Started by bigoman29, March 19, 2012, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Definitely will look into a skull and legs done, if I get some good hooks?

I was also wondering what a whole skeleton of a bird erected together like dinosuars would look like? Would be a little work, but thinking it would look awesome? Then when he's all done mount his beard on him? :lol:

joshb311

Powerwagon

Whats something like that cost ? Pretty Frickin Awesome !!!!  :drool:

duxrus

My guy does an industrial spray instead of the "dip" and runs around 50.00 a pair plus a little shipping. The legs have to be injected with a 2 part solution to keep them permanently "plump"  and positioned to dry before they can be sprayed . I do the posing and drying here and then ship out the legs in large batches to be done to cut costs.

headbanger

Man, those are very cool :you_rock: I really like the skull. If I don't bang one up to bad I may consider fleshing one out!

headbanger

mnturkey

That is nice, I might have to think about that.
The cost is not too much.
SEMPER FI

Stoner

Another company is Montana Skull Works. Here is the link: http://www.montanaskullworks.com/turkeys.html

duxrus

Quote from: Stoner on March 21, 2012, 12:23:20 PM
Another company is Montana Skull Works. Here is the link: http://www.montanaskullworks.com/turkeys.html

They are 90.00 a pair and if you look at the pic's along with reading the field care (they can dry out before you ship to them)....looks like they don't inject them to give a natural "plumpness" of the toes. Theirs look skinny to me and I am not a fan of the big glob on the tops....my .02

The heads look cool but for 170.00 they loose their coolness....haha

fishfrey

Wow never seen this before. Way too cool.

Clay

Add me to the "That's Awesome" camp!!!!

mikejd

That is real cool. Be nice to do just a spur them take it to a jeweler.make it into something u can wear. I guess those 3/4 blunt spurs I've been getting won't work. Going to have to bang a limb hanger this year.