turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Coating turkey legs

Started by bigoman29, March 19, 2012, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoman29

A friend told me about some company that could bronze coat the legs. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of this or maybe get some other ideas to check out that you guys have done!

redarrow

I have seen the bronze coated lower legs and spurs but I don't remember where.

strutstopper

A guy in nashville can get them done. They look really good. He can also get the skull dipped if your into that. Get in touch with this guy and he can hook you up www.duxrus.com

TRKYHTR

Quote from: duxrus on March 19, 2012, 11:35:31 PM

Duxrus that is bad to the bone right there. Love the turkey head.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

duxrus

I was trying to find something for the turkey hunter who has everything...ALMOST. You can only save so many fans and  mounted birds on the wall so I thought this would be a cool option. Every turkey hunter who has seen them in person has plans of a pair for their shelf down the road. I had the standing set done for my dad from a bird with 1.5" hooks he shot last year. Pictures don't do them justice........now if I can just shoot some spurs worth bronzing.

Cutt

Very cool looking. If you do not mind me asking, what does it run to have them coated?

If you don't want to anwser that on the forum, I understand. Nice work!

CASH

Joe, that turkey skull that you use in your call pics would look cool like that.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Wingbone

Never messed with the turkey's skull before, but that makes me want to flesh one out.  :you_rock:
In Hoc Signo Vinces

unclerick

Man them are bad to the bone, I am diffently getting something bronzed in the future, that skull is just to cool....
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

DirtNap647

that is awesome looking!!!

TRKYHTR

Quote from: CASH on March 20, 2012, 12:45:36 AM
Joe, that turkey skull that you use in your call pics would look cool like that.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Hognutz

When you first talked about it, I was, like, how stupid is that!!  Then I saw the pictures and whoa!! that is stinkin' awesome. This is way too good... :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

Them bad boys are the shnitzel fo sho. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: They would look cool as bookends for turkey hunting books.