Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Shot One Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 Out Of The Moss 835 And Star Dot Choke Today

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 18, 2012, 07:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I went shooting with a couple of my buddies today that I turned on last spring to Hevi-Shot loads. Now they both killed a bird using the Hevi-Shot last year and were sold on it. So we patterned our guns. Mark just recently bought a Moss 835 that I talked him in to buying. I gave him a Pure Gold .670 choke just a few days ago that shot great for me. I gave him some of the Hevi-13 1.75oz #6 loads and using that Pure Gold choke he put an unheard of 234 shot in a 10" at a tape measured 40yds. I personally have not seen that load shoot better. Heck last year I put what I thought was a great pattern with of 243 shot with the Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #6 in a 10" at a tape measured 40yds out of my 835 and MAD Max .680 choke. And he dang near did as good with a lot lighter load. I was impressed. Anyway him and his son are all dialed in.  I'll try and get a picture later of his pattern.

I shot a few decent patterns. But then I told them I'll put the Star Dot choke back in my 835 and shoot 1 shell of the Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 out of my 835 with the great shooting lot #300325 that I showed them patterns from last year. Anyway here's the results. This should show most folks why I shoot 7's out of the 835 with the Star Dot choke. This is my personal best. Temp was about 75 degrees. Again this was a tape measured 40yds from tip of choke to cardboard. I have my TruGlo red dot sight about deadnut. There's way over 100 shot inside the head and neck. I think there was 30 shot in just the vertebrae and skull area.

Now here's the backside so you can see how ate up and tight it was and how that shot blew plum through very easily the cardboard and burried into a hard stump. Only about 10 shot didn't penetrate completely through the cardboard. And remember that's because there was all wood behind the center of the cardboard. Maybe this will finally convince the doubters that 7's has what it takes to kill a turkey very easily at 40yds and then some.

ILIKEHEVI-13

There is a slight chance that it might have been from lot# 300525.  But what I probably did was mixed them thinking it was the same lot as 300325 since it was almost identical from last spring turkey hunting.  I know for certain that 300325 is a great shooting lot.  And I would bet that was lot 300325 more than likely if I had to bet.

remmy1187

cannonball

drenalinld

Keep trying, Brad. You will find a good combo......lol

Awesome pattern.

FttFttVroom!

BlkJeep

Philippe

I swear you are a Hevi Shot rep the way you are pushing these Hevi 7's lol.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drenalinld on March 18, 2012, 09:26:40 PM
Keep trying, Brad. You will find a good combo......lol

Awesome pattern.

Thanks buddy.

At least people can't say I missed. 

And just so you guys know that pattern is off maybe 1" to no more than 1.5" from being deadcenter of where I was aiming my dot. 

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on March 18, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

Just trying to show the nonbelievers what they will do.  

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 18, 2012, 09:50:44 PM
Quote from: Philippe on March 18, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

Just trying to show the nonbelievers what they will do.  

Well get on it, i'd like to see myself. Pm me the pix if ya do, Eventually i may try to figure out what this gun likes in the HTL rounds, but right now the 835 eats lead.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Philippe,

I wonder how much my Star Dot would bring on ebay if I posted this pattern?   :lol:

But it's not for sale.  

I don't have very many of that lot left.  I tried one 3.5" 2.25 Hevi-13 #6.  Got only 179 shot with the Mad .680 choke.  7's just shoot a lot better.  

archery1

Take a kid hunting

vaturkey

Quote from: archery1 on March 18, 2012, 10:31:05 PM
looks good ,but your poi is kinda to the right

With a pattern like that it's ok to have your POI a little off. Hey Hevi, you sure dont need a flashlight to see that pattern !  Good Job !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey