turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

GUN SHOW GIVES UP AN OLD SCHOOL 870

Started by GOLD HUNTER, March 18, 2012, 05:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

I have been going to gun shows since I was a kid.  For the last 5 years we've been keeping our eye open for  old school Remington shotguns.  I never miss going on Saturday to the gun show but this time I had talked to VATURKEY (Ricky) that I couldn't meet him on Saturday but I was going on Sunday.  He said he would call me and let me know what he found. Good deals, nice guns, etc.  You know the old saying "You snooze you loose"  well he called me on the cell phone and told me "Guess what?".  He found a Remington 870 Greenleaf old school.  The paperwork hadn't cleared so he was going back on Sunday and he would meet me over there to pick it up.  We met after church and we walked back to the table and he signed the papers and was given the gun.  It is in mint condition and looks like its never been shot.  I looked up at him and said, "Its a good thing you beat me to it because I would have bought it"  You guys know how we are about these old guns.  He was lucky he found this gun and I'm happy for him since its so close to turkey season.  We also found some old school ammo.  I collect a lot of the old ammo, Winchester, Remington, Federal.  Heres some I bought today.  I only paid $4.00 a box for them and yes its not just the box, the boxes are all full of ammo.  These will be put for display in my man cave.

Congratulations Ricky on your new gun.  It was 1 sweet find. :icon_thumright:

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

vaturkey

Thanks Brian

Yes it was a great find ! I just wanted to lay down on top of it when I seen it cause I didn't want anyone else to see it. The dealer said he got it from a guy that bought it new in the late 80's, early 90's. He took it in on a trade 2 days ago. I suppose I was in the right place @ the right time. All the years that I've been going to gun shows I have never seen an Old School Remington. They are getting harder & harder to find. It's got a 21" barrel & the original Bottomland sling on it that came on them back in the day. Sure hope it shoots good. .665 IC & Mag Blends will get the first  tryout !

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

vaturkey

Here's the old school trio now !

Mossyoak Bottomland Greenleaf 1187 with 21" barrel & Leupold 2x7 scope

Mossyoak Bottomland Greenleaf 870 with 21" barrel

Mossyoak Bottomland  1187 with 26" barrel    :newmascot: 
Vaturkey

DirtNap647

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

MS Hntr

Gold Spur

That's a great find! I'm looking for one just like it... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Philippe

All i found was 2 old school Bottomland 870's, wish i coulda found one of those in greenleaf like that!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Philippe

If ya dont mind me asking, what did that one set him back?

cannonball

You can't beat one of those old school Remingtons, congrats to him! :icon_thumright:

Crutch

I got one just like that last Friday at a pawn shop in Nashville. I talked them down to 230 OTD.  :)
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

okiegobblers