OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new to turkey hunting

Started by saint, February 23, 2011, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saint

I'm new to this sport can you guys recommend a good gun choke combo :hello99:

devin4484

mossberg 835 with a pure gold choke or indian creek choke  and a remington 870 with a jelly head choke. 

VAHUNTER

Quote from: devin4484 on February 23, 2011, 08:10:56 PM
mossberg 835 with a pure gold choke or indian creek choke  and a remington 870 with a jelly head choke. 
two of the best. you will get great results from the 870 and .670 PG as well  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

outlaw

Im a good guy !!!

pullit

870 with a IC or Ventilator choke. I would also suggest Hevi 13 shells in #6 or 7 shot.

Grasshopper

Remington 12 Ga 870 with a Rhino 660    :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Gobble!

NO matter what gun you have
NO matter what choke you have (as long as it can shoot hevi shot)

IT WILL pattern great with HEVI 13 #7s

WIRE PALADIN

i know a guy that has a 870 for $200.00.

pat
:chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

BigPeck215

do you have any shotguns already???? if so just about any shotgun in any gauge with the right shell can be made into a turkey killing machine with little effort

saint

I have a stevens single barrel 20 gauge

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: BigPeck215 on February 23, 2011, 09:24:56 PM
do you have any shotguns already???? if so just about any shotgun in any gauge with the right shell can be made into a turkey killing machine with little effort

X2

Mailman

New to turkey hunting? jump on, hold on with both hands, and hang on. Dont forget the $$$. But like was mentioned you can do this pretty cheaply with just about any gun. But you will want bigger and better. It's the American way. Plus boys gotta have their toys. Good luck. Be safe.
One Shot One Kill

BigPeck215

if the gun doesn't have a screw in choke as i suspect, i would give the federal heavyweight 7's a try, these shells will give you a guaranteed 30yd gun  also i would try some hevi 13 #7's   both of these shells perform very well in the 20 gauge buy a box of each and shoot them at 30yds and see what your patterns look like

you can get caught up spending a lot of money on finding the perfect turkey gun as many on here will confirm but when your new to turkey hunting i would recommend spend money on calls or decoys. once you find a shell for your 20ga that will give you a killing pattern out to 35yd call it quits and practice on your calling becuz if you cant call them in close enough a gun is useless

good luck and welcome to the world of thunder chickens

saint

Has any of you heard of a custom gun made by rhino chokes

BigPeck215

i believe their custom turkey gun is a beretta 390 or extrema tricked out with a rhino choke and some other improvements and its guaranteed to pattern something like 98 percent in a 30" circle at 50 and 60yds

sounds like a waste of money to me!!!