Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Winchester HV 3" Mag #6 with Rhino Choke Tube results at 40 yards

Started by parija001, March 17, 2012, 12:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parija001

All - I have the 11-87 with the old bottomland camo 21" barrel and they are the Winchester Supreme Loads. When I was at the range with my buddy who I have been doing this for years with he said to me I thought you shot twice at the target.

The yardage is the same 40 yards we have been shooting at for years. I also shoot the old remington hevi shot #5 and the pattern is just as lethal with that load as well.

It's good to read that everyone on this board is receptive and honest with there comments. I have also seen other excellent patterns with fantastic results. 

If anyone knows someone who has given up on turkey hunting and has as any Remington Hevi Shot Size # 5 3 Inch Magnum they would like to sell please let me know.

:thanks:

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

K9Doc

Very impressive for lead. That dog will hunt.  No reason to shoot the HTL with that pattern. :z-winnersmiley:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Mimosa Gobbler

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

Mimosa Gobbler

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

Spurcollecta

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 27, 2012, 08:21:23 AM
My 1187 with those shells (26" polished)  ???

SSX .643            92/10
Ventilator .655   99/10
JH .660               88/10
IC BDS .665      102/10

His numbers are abnormally high. For the record, I also shoot a rhino .660 out of an 870sm w/ 23" bbl...