turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth call presses...

Started by Lonehowl, March 20, 2012, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonehowl

Im sure its been asked before on here, but how many here have diaphragm presses ? Im thinking about ordering a set from Feather Ridge but I guess Im poking around to see if there are anymore makers of high end presses out there.
Mark

Devastator

TRKYHTR

I've got a feather ridge press from one of the members of OG here. I am still trying to work the kinks out. I used a hand held press before so I had to figure out how to make the same call from my old press to the new one. I think I got it figured out. Good luck if I can help shoot me a PM.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

lightsoutcalls

I had one for a few years and never did it justice do to time available to tinker.  I sold mine.

I don't know of others who make presses, but I know of some folks with much better mouthcall making skills and mouthcall calling skills than I do that use them.  I don't think you can go wrong with Feather Ridge.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mfd1027

Thad makes a nice press and he's got a lot of different models.   I've had one for yrs.  and love it. 

Dan

Gooserbat

As far as I know Thad is the only one who makes presses.  From what I understand Ron Eply used to build a press but that was years ago. 

Thad will take care of his customers. 

I have a press an extra youth plate and tape cutter.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Lonehowl

Cool, Ive got a call in to Thad for my order. Cant wait to get em.
Mark