turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I Think A Lot Of Greed Is Coming In To Play

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 17, 2012, 06:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

This is rediculous.  Granted it's a good shooting choke tube, but people are starting to use this to turn a quick buck.  And that seller very possibly is a member here.  Why else would you even think about asking that much for a choke that used to be $20?  Come on and get real.  I myself would rather see someone try and sell this choke here to a member that could use it at a good fair price than to see stuff like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Dot-Choke-Tube-Mossberg-835-935-/160764421124?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256e4e6404

chipper

Yeah, its greed. I had a Star Dot when they come out at WalMart years ago,think I give 15 or 18 dollars for it, I didn,t shoot lead as good as my old Hastings .675 so I sold it. Wish I had both those tubes back.

Gobble!

trkehunr93

Yeah this is crazy, no choke is worth that kind of $$$, I don't think they will have alot of luck selling it.  I agree that I would rather see someone on this board sell it to someone for a fair price.

bird

More power to him.  If he can find a fool to pay that then I say good for him.  The free enterprise system that we have here in the USA is great ain't it.  God I Love It!   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

BrownTrout

Quote from: bird on March 17, 2012, 09:38:34 AM
More power to him.  If he can find a fool to pay that then I say good for him.  The free enterprise system that we have here in the USA is great ain't it.  God I Love It!   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

:icon_thumright:
Who is John Galt?

One of the most ridiculous defenses of foreign aid is that it is a very small part of our national income. If the average American set fire to a five-dollar bill, it would be an even smaller percentage of his annual income. But everyone would consider him foolish for doing it. -- Thomas Sowell in 'Barbarians Inside the Gates'

Philippe

I totally agree with ya, alot of greed and gouging with firearms as well as chokes. People buying up chokes in bulk and selling them for 3 times what they paid or the guy i saw at a show a few weeks ago tried to tell me the old school bottomland 870 was worth the 700 he was asking because they are "rare". But the again its supply and demand, just depends on what folks are willing to pay for things and how bad they want it.

mikejd

Isn't it our choice to buy or not to buy. so if he wants to sell for 1000$ thats his call. Its probably going to sit on it for a while.

jasperjet

so we agree 150 is too much how much would you pay 60 the last 2 preston pittman versions went for 30 something and 40 something. its the wrong time of year to buy turkey chokes cheap.

tyelper

there was one on ebay about 3 weeks ago that sold for near 200.00 and had a ton of bidders,,,,,,

to each thier own,,,,,with the price of htl  shells doubling in price you think that will keep everybody from buying them,,,,,,

Frank_T

I agree it is a free market , its worth what someone willing to pay for it .

longspur

If nobody buys it the price will come down. Same with everything else. I don't blame anybody for getting all they can get. I blame the people who buy it. I think its why we're in such a mess. The same people who go to car lots and pay $8,000 for a car who's value is $3,000 also go to the polls and vote. And sence you can't fix stupid I don't see where the hope is. I see the change I just don't see the hope.LOL ;D

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mikejd

Pa boxcall. Apparently 14 people love that call.