OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quiet in central AL?!?

Started by hwy419, March 14, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwy419

Gosh. Is it just me or is it abnormally quiet in central AL?!?  Been in the woods since Monday and only found one vocal gobbler in a place I usually have to pick one to setup on....

BrowningGuy88

The groups I have watched are still several gobblers bunched up with a few strutters and ONE gobbling tom. If the other ones gobble, HE woops up on them immediately. I have marked all three of these as my first targets. I hope to kill at least two of them Thursday through Saturday so I can get some kids on gobbling birds.

Beretta686

I keep telling everyone; it is quiet because there are no turkeys in Alabama ::)
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

redleg06

Quote from: Daman on March 14, 2012, 10:49:20 AM
The groups I have watched are still several gobblers bunched up with a few strutters and ONE gobbling tom. If the other ones gobble, HE woops up on them immediately. I have marked all three of these as my first targets. I hope to kill at least two of them Thursday through Saturday so I can get some kids on gobbling birds.

let me know if you decide you could use a hand and I'll send you my number... ;)

Basser69

I hunted sat and sunday...Heard 2 and only 2 birds a l-o-n-g way off and that was it. Kind of weird if ya ask me.....Yep, no birds in bama

Reloader

I've been scouting a bit in my main spots in North La and haven't heard a bird yet. I know there's some in there, they just haven't fired up yet.

OTOH I went to another place I don't hunt near as much bout 50 miles from there and heard 6 in one morning :D

dirt road ninja

They weren't fired up much this past weekend in SW Miss. They had been on fire the weekend before.

hwy419

Quote from: Beretta686 on March 14, 2012, 11:51:27 AM
I keep telling everyone; it is quiet because there are no turkeys in Alabama ::)

:TooFunny: ... priceless...

MouthCaller

I wish I had checked here before making my thread becuse it made me feel a lot better about my situation because I havent heard one bird yet this year. Season opens here the 31st.

hwy419

wow. i was responding to your thread and vice versa...

hwy419

Normal spring sounds are here. Y'all take care!