turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ceramic pot calls

Started by longhorn, March 13, 2012, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

How different are they from other pot calls and who makes the best?

BowBendr

I like them most in the fact that they're fairly maintenance free, and they don't load your striker tip up with a residue, and I love their sound.
I don't think i've done any care to any of mine since I got them.
I have several, but the best was made by Ryan Bonjour and was paired with a zebrawood striker.

cannonball

Stumpy makes a great ceramic call.

870BkWht

Ive got 2 ceramics, 1 was built by Jack "Pappy" Lewis from Chinaberry and it has an aluminum sounboard.  I also have a Cherry Ceramic over glass made by Gary from Stone Road Turkey Calls.  Im waiting for confirmation from a friend to see if he can find a piece of Persimmon to build me another Ceramic pot from. 

A ceramic pot is most definitely vest worthy.

savduck

I like ceramic. I own a David Halloran and one from Carey Shead. There is video sound file of both in the call video section.
Georgia Boy

Turkey Trot

Quote from: savduck on March 14, 2012, 02:34:20 PM
I like ceramic. I own a David Halloran and one from Carey Slead. There is video sound file of both in the call video section.

Can you post a link to your photobucket account that would allow one to scroll through the different videos you have uploaded?

That would be easier that working through the audio-video subforum for the various posts linking to photobucket.  It would let these folks see your calling as well.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

styger

Quote from: cannonball on March 13, 2012, 10:45:32 PM
Stumpy makes a great ceramic call.
I just got a birds eye maple ceramic from stumpy and it is truly a fantastic sounding call.

WaddleWhacker

Hey Del, its Shead not slead    :OGani:

savduck

Quote from: WaddleWhacker on March 14, 2012, 09:19:17 PM

Dang, Thanks for telling me. Ive been telling every body Slead. Sorry brother.

Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 14, 2012, 04:18:51 PM
Quote from: savduck on March 14, 2012, 02:34:20 PM
I like ceramic. I own a David Halloran and one from Carey Slead. There is video sound file of both in the call video section.

Can you post a link to your photobucket account that would allow one to scroll through the different videos you have uploaded?

That would be easier that working through the audio-video subforum for the various posts linking to photobucket.  It would let these folks see your calling as well.

Here is one from Carey.

Hallorans

Georgia Boy

cutt down

Does Carey have a website?

Turkey Trot

Quote from: WaddleWhacker on March 14, 2012, 09:19:17 PM

You've been quiet since the tornaders that rolled through back on 3/1.  I saw that the Paulding Co. airporch was hit hard and some subdivisions in Paulding and up into Polk.  Did you come through it all right?  Lose power?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

scoot12

Also Jimmy Schaffer from OakRidgeCustomCalls makes a great sounding ceramic pot with a corian soundboard.  Scoot

savduck

Quote from: cutt down on March 15, 2012, 11:44:58 AM
Does Carey have a website?

Nah. He wont mind me posting his phone number though.

1-770-276-6947. Goes by waddlewhacker on here if you want to PM him.
Georgia Boy

WaddleWhacker

the tornado missed  by a few miles north of me but it went through the middle of where i hunt...helped a buddy last week with some damage from the tornado and put in field lines in the backyard this week so i have been a little busy...i will be finishing up about 10 calls next week.....putting in field lines and landscaping the yard all by yourself is hard on a old fat man so a fishing trip is in need for a few days