OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is your "Go to" call? "Poll"

Started by MarkJM, February 23, 2011, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you hear a gobbler 100 yards away, what call will you get out?

Box call
13 (14.8%)
Friction call
44 (50%)
Mouth call
29 (33%)
Push Button call
1 (1.1%)
Scratch Box
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 86

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

StruttinGobbler3

Pop in a Woodhaven or Tom Teasers mouth call, take the safety off and get ready.  :smiley-char092: Looking into trying some Hooks mouth calls this season.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Hognutz

I use a box, friction calls, and the mouth calls, depending on the situation. i.e. wind, rain, closeness of the bird, etc. But if I had to choose just one, it would be the friction call. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

sugarray

Quote from: Hognutz on February 23, 2011, 11:23:44 AM
I use a box, friction calls, and the mouth calls, depending on the situation. i.e. wind, rain, closeness of the bird, etc. But if I had to choose just one, it would be the friction call. Mike

Really depends on situation, how close a bird, and what he is responding to.  I chose mouth call b/c I like it and am learning lots.

wcgobbler

West Augusta

Friction call.  Either K&H OlYeller or a HarmondenCalls Obsidian and my Black Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

At 100 yds I want something pretty soft. I don't want to scare him into the next county.

jyoung

With out a doubt my go to call is a Hillbilly White Lightning mouth call!  Followed by my Hillbilly cherry Aluminum pot call!
Jonathan Young

HelsbysCustomCalls

The longbox on the right is my personal call for this year. It's a goodun!

Jbird22

A mouth call is my go to but friction calls are VERY important to me also. I carry a box but don't use it nearly as much as I should probably.

M Sharpe

Supreme Turkey Calls........ Strut Buster in walnut. It has been the demise of quite a few wary ol' gobblers.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

chipper

I have a Supreme Strutbuster in walnut and cocabola and they both rock, I give the nod to the cocabola but my go to call is a Supreme Siren.

joshua

Love my Lights Out aluminum's.  Just the pure quality of the sounds these make are why I use them more than my other calls.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

raalston

The deadly cluck of a "good" push button is very hard to beat my fine feathered friends