turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling in Connecticut

Started by turkaholic, March 11, 2012, 08:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

First gobbles this morning here in C.T. Right on time. Last year it was 3/13 in 2010 it was 3/17/10 in 09 it was 3/13/09 in 08 it was 3/16/08 - 07 it was 3/16/07 in 06 it was 3/14/06.  :drool:
live to hunt hunt to live

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Where abouts in CT are you - Im in Cranston RI

Trapper

Hey, I m also in CT on the shoreline in the Deep River area. I just had one of my landowners email me last night and say she had gobbling this weekend. (Easter)
Our population is not like it was 10 years ago but it seems to be coming back.  I think this year will be better than last year for hunters in spring. 
There is definitely lots of birds, it's just years ago, it was insane.  Back in the 2 bird limit days.

Nick, what is RI like?  Do you hunt private , state or both?  There is definitely some turkey looking country there. A re you hunting in CT?

Nick_The_Tinkerer

I hunted in CT few yrs ago with a guide and a damned Coyote ran in and almost grabbed the gobbler right infront of us before any of us could react - it was insane....

Right now public and private (my gun club has 400+ acres for members)

Now all I have to do is heal and it doesnt look like its going to happen any time soon  :angry9: