turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prayer request (Update)

Started by Roostem33, March 10, 2012, 02:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

I just got a phone call from one of my long time friends and hunting partner that his nephew had shot himself in the head. His name is Dakota Dyer he is fourteen years old, this is just crazy I have known this kid all his life and it is so tragic. They Life flighted him to Egleston Childrens Hospital in Atlanta. The bullet is lodged in his brain and they really don't expect him to make it. Please be in prayer for the whole family as there has been a lot of turmoil in this family over the years.

Thank you so much,
Jody

Dakota has gone to be with the Lord, Please continue your prayers for the family because there is a lot of blame going on now.

Thanks again,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Hognutz

I am so sorry hear news like this. Miracles can and do happen!! He is in the hands of our Lord. I pray for Dakota, and the family members. What a tragedy.. :cross2: :bible:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ol'Mossy

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Turkey Beard

As a funeral director, I have had the misfortune of working with families who are going through just this sort of a tragic situation.... may God bless each and every one of them and may they all feel his loving comfort in this time....
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Sorry to read Jody.

Prayers for the family in their loss, and prayers for unity and healing of the family.

God Bless,
David B.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

What a shame!!!!!! My heart goes out to the family and prayers are certainly sent in their name
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Duke0002

Praying for the family and friends.  May the gracious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, give them His comfort in this dark hour of their lives.
:jesus-cross:

lightsoutcalls

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss.  I have a close friend whose son took his own life at about the same age several years ago.  Words can't describe the pain, the questions...  Blaming one or another is just a misdirected way at trying to cope with the pain/loss in a situation that seems to have no logical reason for happening.

If any way possible, share the following link with the family.

http://flameon.net/

The website has a video that was made as the result of a family who lost their 5 year old son.  The dad was riding the son around in a big go-kart (dune buggy).  They were having a ball together and were doing nothing that they hadn't done many times.  Just before heading back to the house, they decided to do some donuts in the middle of a country lane.  Somehow the go-kart flipped.  Even though the son was buckled in and there was a roll cage, the son's neck was broken.    The video is basically an interview with the mom and dad of the 5 year old.  They share the emotions, the feelings, the questioning... all natural responses of losing a child in an untimely death.  They also provide an incredible example of trusting God through the situation, even when they faced weeks of crying themselves to sleep and not even wanting to get out of bed in the mornings.  If they can bring themselves to watch the video, they will likely be able to grieve in a way that may reduce some of the blaming and initiate the process of healing.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!