OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

trigger springs

Started by tyelper, March 09, 2012, 10:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyelper

i know this was a topic here awhile back, so sorry if i adgitate anybody,,,,,

who makes the light drop in trigger spring, is it patraiot,,,,,,,,

WFI79

Yes patriot. I know they make them for the Remington's but not sure about other guns.

tyelper

my gun is an 870 sorry to mention that, do you know what the difference would be between the patriot and stock in pounds of pull

SWAMPFOX

U can also order one of remingtons yellow colored replacement springs that are are 3lbs.don't know what the original in 870s were as I didt measure before changing them. If I had to guess I would say around 6-8lbs.I will say these are well worth doing,install in minutes,and are very inexpensive.
Swamp....

honker22

Quote from: tyelper on March 09, 2012, 10:39:12 PM
my gun is an 870 sorry to mention that, do you know what the difference would be between the patriot and stock in pounds of pull

The Patriot spring probably cut my # of pull at least in half.  It still has a good bit of creep, but it's MUCH better.  If you want your trigger to be more like a rifle, go with the Timney... I just haven't decided to fork up that much dough yet.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

open door

Quote from: SWAMPFOX on March 09, 2012, 10:55:53 PM
U can also order one of remingtons yellow colored replacement springs that are are 3lbs.don't know what the original in 870s were as I didt measure before changing them. If I had to guess I would say around 6-8lbs.I will say these are well worth doing,install in minutes,and are very inexpensive.
Swamp....
Swampfox - Please excuse my ignorance, lol. I bought a Remington VersaMax and love it. Instructions state trigger can't be adjusted. I wouldn't mind if trigger pull was a little lighter, do you know if a replacement spring is available for this particular gun, & if so, what it might cost? I just got the gun last November, so I'm hoping I can get my a turkey with it this year. Just got my Carlson pro bore .665 choke tube in today, need to patter it with hevi-13's. Thanks

Fullfan

I found them on e-bay, they were like 4.00 ea and they were rated at 3 lbs. Took about 45 seconds to do the install
Don't gobble at me...

SWAMPFOX

Don't know about the versas springs.take it apart and give it a look and go from there

open door

Quote from: SWAMPFOX on March 10, 2012, 10:00:20 PM
Don't know about the versas springs.take it apart and give it a look and go from there
OK, thanks.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: open door on March 10, 2012, 12:29:32 AM
Quote from: SWAMPFOX on March 09, 2012, 10:55:53 PM
Swamp....
Swampfox - Please excuse my ignorance, lol. I bought a Remington VersaMax and love it. Instructions state trigger can't be adjusted. I wouldn't mind if trigger pull was a little lighter, do you know if a replacement spring is available for this particular gun, & if so, what it might cost? I just got the gun last November, so I'm hoping I can get my a turkey with it this year. Just got my Carlson pro bore .665 choke tube in today, need to patter it with hevi-13's. Thanks

You can call Mann & Son Sporting Goods (Since 1946) at 618.357.2911 and ask for John or Dustin and they can help you with what you need.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

tyelper