turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I joined the 20 gauge club this weekend

Started by pogo, March 06, 2012, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo

The Osceola gobbler that I was blessed to call in the past weekend was harvested with my 20 gauge 1187 youth model.  I am thankful for all of the great info on this site which allowed me to choose a Remington superful choke and the federal heavyweight 7s.  I don't have pattern numbers for the gun yet (I hope to do that next week).  But I will say that I felt very confident with my 36 yard shot.  The bird went down on the spot.  Lots of damage to the neck area from many pellets.  One stray shot happened to hit the middle of the drumstick and completely broke the bone in half.  And I would guess that has to be one of the thicker bones on a turkey.  That is a testament to the effectiveness of the 15 gram/cc #7s.

The handy little 20 gauge will be making a lot of morning trips with me in the future!

thundrchikin

Congrats on the bird and the 20 no lookin back now!! :you_rock:

mr meat

Eric Gregg

Congratulations on the bird and great testimony to the power of the 20Ga.
:fud:

redleg06

DocHolliday

Welcome to the "sub-gauge" brotherhood!!

Jbux44

Conratulations I hope for the same results in about 5 weeks.

GSLAM95

Congrats on the opening weekend bird with the new 20 g  :funnyturkey:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

vaturkey

Congrats on your Osceola Bird. Just recently purchased a Rem 1187 20ga & hope to bust a gobbler with it this spring.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

surehuntsalot

there is no reason to tote anything else
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee