OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best way to eradicate coyotes?

Started by busta biggun, March 06, 2012, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I would call them in and shoot them. You are not going to be able to eradiacte them no matter what you do.

JWC07

Quote from: busta biggun on March 06, 2012, 01:30:45 PM
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think JWC07 summed it up. I probably won't put much of a dent in the numbers but would like to shoot as many as I can to make the land owner happy. He seems to think they are getting more aggressive and killing his cats. (I hate cats so that is a coyote plus for me) Plus there cows will be having calves soon and they are worried that the yotes will attack them. So I am kind of leaning towards calling. is it a waste of time?

That depends. What else do you have to do that's really important. To me it'd be worth it just to try and to be out there hunting. So I say not a waste of time. Plus if ya pop 1 or 2 the landowners happy, if ya don't you tried. Nothing to lose IMO.

I have killed 3 sneakin' in on my turkey decoys in field set ups so thats always there too.

FttFttVroom!

A nuke will do the job nicely.....or basically the end of the earth.  In all honesty, we will likely perish before all the coyotes do.

Old Gobbler

guys I'm going to present to you some information - got a few PM's from people concerned about political implications for hunters here

here is what I know right now 

1 ) I HATE coyotes , they are vermin , and are a invasive species where I live in Florida I would pop one in the head every day and twice on Sunday , Ive seen the damage they can do to a livestock operation , Ive sen the pictures of them eating calves while in the birthing process  etc.... they will eat family pets and other things too - they are nothing but trouble

2) Yotes resemble dogs and are a knee jerk for anti's - did I mention I cant stand anti's ..... I also am not squeamish , and dont blink at the sight of the trap pictures , but some people think these pictures will be used against hunters  , to show that their is cruel treatment {opinion , not mine }-

3) I have had bad run ins with anti's I have thrown off some well embedded anti's off this site, I chucked 3 off this year ,If I find more off they go -- one was operating a cell and a pc out of NY CITY  area - out he/her went - they look for stuff like this to use as ammo,  - i think?

4) sponging ---- Ive heard of this before , I have also heard it is unlawful ? -- what you do is your own business , but when you post it up on the internet for anyone to see , it creates a issue - again , keep it on the down low not public where it can create a legal issue, and yes there are enforcement people out there , so be mindful of them 

5) I don't know what goes on in the predator hunting sites as far as policy or potentially controversial subjects , and how they deal with it publicly , but if any of you can lend me what they  do as far as handling trap pictures , I would like to know cause they have greater experience than I the administrator of a turkey site does - Im not ever  going to back down to anti's but also want to do the best thing for hunters - again whatever a site like that does we will go along with - I  get the feeling that this is somehow been a issue for some time now on the net

best advise, keep on shooting killing these vermin , just be mindful of unwanted people viewing what you post

let me know , good hunting-trapping  -Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

coyotetrpr

Well spoken sir it is nice to have a host who really cares.  :z-winnersmiley:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

nc_hunter

I really am sick of all this politically correct BS.  Don't do this it will offend this group of people...don't do that it will offend that group of people....Don't do that either...they'll use that against you.....LET THEM BE OFFENDED OR PI$$ED OFF.    This is exactly why this once great country is circling the bowl......

If admin or mods want to remove my pics feel free.  I however will not!

HogBiologist

Quote from: RAJ on March 06, 2012, 06:09:34 PM
Quote from: LaBiologist on March 06, 2012, 01:14:17 PM
Quote from: Shellwaster on March 06, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
if there are no dogs (pets) that run loose take a sponge and cut it into 1" squares, cook bacon and roll the 1" square sponges in the grease. Let cool and place bacon soaked 1" square sponges into a zip lock bag with tongs - don't touch with bare hands. Next time you're at the property drop a few bacon soaked 1" square sponges along roads, creek crossings, etc.

Yotes will eat these bacon soaked 1" square sponges and cannot pass them. They will get lodged in the intestines and will slowly kill the yotes. Cruel?

Maybe. Effective? Yes, they do die. Will it dent the population? No. Yotes have no natural predator other than man. In my state they are a non-native species and considered a nuisance by the Department of Natural Resources.

ONLY DO THIS IF ALL DOMESTICATED ANIMALS ARE PENNED OR HOUSED!!

Around here this would be considered illegal.

This sponge thing is the current advice given in this area but it does not work as suggested. Someone show us  the skeletons with the sponge beside it please. I have seen crows tote these off and what appears to have been possums dragging them off but no dead coyotes . Can you imagine how much of a hair ball and hide mass these animals get from  the number of  rabbits and mice they eat ? And they can't pass a 1" square piece of sponge?
Labiologist,with all due respect to you,I'd rather be told this for truth from just a wildlife biologist.

I dont know about your area, but as a professional bioilogist in my area, you could get tagged with violations such as cruelty to animals.  I dont know about your area, but arounde here you could get in trouble
Certified Wildlife Biologist

coyotetrpr

Quote from: nc_hunter on March 07, 2012, 08:49:59 AM
I really am sick of all this politically correct BS.  Don't do this it will offend this group of people...don't do that it will offend that group of people....Don't do that either...they'll use that against you.....LET THEM BE OFFENDED OR PI$$ED OFF.    This is exactly why this once great country is circling the bowl......

I agree.  :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: nc_hunter on March 07, 2012, 08:49:59 AM

you got 5 posts and your telling me how to run my site, Im going to tell you right now - I think you are a PETA guy here here to cause troubles and stir the pot  - I kicked of several anti hunters this last year, and you know what they all gravitated to politics , and the like

whats your story dude?    :emoticon-animal-005:

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

I'll buy he fact you are not PETA for now  , but I'm going to tell you 3 things

1) hate PETA

2) hate PETA

3) hate PETA

what to do about it? like mentioned I have zero experience with  handling controversial predator hunting things- I bet there is a dedicated form of internet etiquette on handling trap pictures , I suspect they know the right thing to do -I don't

also I raise eyebrows why in your first posts you posted these pictures and I got a in box full of concerns over it , so I suspect there is some long ongoing infighting on how people have disagreed about how to handle publicly the trap pictures 

perhaps you could shed some light on the controversy surrounding trap pictures, and why people want me to take them down/ but notice I haven't taken them down , now have I ?

again , I have kicked off a whole bunch of anti's and I have the personal pride of knowing , and seeing my site mentioned on the PETA forums in the past --

-Shannon

nc_hunter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 07, 2012, 11:48:05 PM
I'll buy he fact you are not PETA for now  , but I'm going to tell you 3 things

1) hate PETA

2) hate PETA

3) hate PETA

what to do about it? like mentioned I have zero experience with  handling controversial predator hunting things- I bet there is a dedicated form of internet etiquette on handling trap pictures , I suspect they know the right thing to do -I don't

also I raise eyebrows why in your first posts you posted these pictures and I got a in box full of concerns over it , so I suspect there is some long ongoing infighting on how people have disagreed about how to handle publicly the trap pictures  

perhaps you could shed some light on the controversy surrounding trap pictures, and why people want me to take them down/ but notice I haven't taken them down , now have I ?

again , I have kicked off a whole bunch of anti's and I have the personal pride of knowing , and seeing my site mentioned on the PETA forums in the past --

It's late and im going to bed.  I'll address your post tomorrow.

nc_hunter

Alright, i'm well rested and ready to discuss your last post.

I'll buy he fact you are not PETA for now   , but I'm going to tell you 3 things

Really...you still think I might possibly be a PETA member!?!?!   Honestly, I can't fathom how you came to that conclusion.  If you'll look back at any of my posts which you being the admin should be no problem at all.  You'll see that I posted in a couple other posts pertaining to trapping, as well as one pertaining to members from NC.  The fact that I don't post a lot here is no indication of anything.  I started the first spin-off message board "The Cabin" back in 2000 when we got fed up with the NWTF's continuous message board changes.  It's still operational and I invite you over any time if you need more verification that I am the exact opposite of a PETA member. http://crossroadscabin.yuku.com/forums/1

1) hate PETA

2) hate PETA

3) hate PETA

As do I.  That's why I refuse to cater to them in any way, shape, form, or fashion.....

what to do about it? like mentioned I have zero experience with  handling controversial predator hunting things- I bet there is a dedicated form of internet etiquette on handling trap pictures , I suspect they know the right thing to do -I don't

Yes, there is.  Most trapping sites I have ever visited don't want gruesome pics posted or any discussion or videos of dispatching animals.  Nor is any talk allowed of non-target animals...nobody wants to see a pic of fluffy the cat in a trap. Live or dead animals in good condition are fair game.

Then it appears there are a bunch of whiners on here who are much more akin to PETA members than I will ever be... Let's cater to this group and that group till we all have to walk around scared to go outside in camo for fear someone might think they're going hunting......Not just no..but hell no..not me.  Again, if you'll look back at my previous posts you will see that  the first couple posts I posted pictures in were over a year ago.  It was a trapping thread as well...and if you take note it wasn't started by me, nor did I go into it to "stir the pot" I simply posted in it.

I think my response to your previous section covers this one as well.  As long as people aren't posting pics of fluffy the bobcat or Fido the coyote with his head split open I don't see a problem.....

And I congratulate you for it.  Anti's are the scum of the earth. They are more than welcome to use my pictures any way they see fit.  Hell, if I do see my pics throwed up on some PETA poster that'll just give me more motivation.  I'll make a sleigh out of coyote hides and have it being pulled by 6 deer carcasses for my Christmas card.

dr3wrob5

go by the dollar store and buy you a 2 dollar pack of dish washing sponges. Cut then up into 4 inch squares soak them in bacon grease for a couple of days. Then go all around your property throwing them out. They will swallow then and they can't digest them so it will kill them

jde

Tie a length of mule tape to a limb with a very large treble hook bait with rotten meat. We have 36 on or place and from camp we can hear when one takes the bait. By morning either his running buddies picked him clean or the hogs do anyway this method works for us.