turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Latex

Started by Dean, March 05, 2012, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

Hi everyone, I have been building mouth calls for several years now and I have a question regarding latex suppliers.  I have been getting my latex from a major supplier for some time and have not been satisfied with the .003 natural latex.  The last couple of years the .003 natural has been milky white in color and is running heavier than .003 (I measured it with dial calipers, but don't know how accurate measuring latex with calipers is).  It sounds flat or dead to me. I get better results using proph on bottom and a colored latex on top. I recently found some .003 latex that I misplaced that was probably 3 or 4 years old and I made some calls out of this and there was a dramatic difference in the looks and the sound.  My question, is there other suppliers or individuals that sell latex out there?  Thanks in advance!

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Dean

Just curious if there is anyone else?

Houndstooth Game Calls

Dean I have some bulk proph if your interested pm me. All latex dips up and down on batches it's kinda part of it with consistencies..

TRKYHTR

Isn't prophylactic also latex? I just thought it was thinner latex. I do know that they make none latex rubbers for those who are allergic to latex.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Houndstooth Game Calls

Joe u told me you didn't like calling them rubbers! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 07, 2012, 08:18:24 PM
Isn't prophylactic also latex? I just thought it was thinner latex. I do know that they make none latex rubbers for those who are allergic to latex.

TRKYHTR

Yeah, condoms are just made from thin latex (or other stuff to make non-latex ones). "Phophylactic" is just a fancy name for condoms. Why it became a term for mouth call parts is beyond me. "Real Thin Latex" would have worked just as well. It's bad enough telling people I have diaphragms.

Houndstooth Game Calls

They make a heck of a water balloon ! :funnyturkey:

bangbird

I feel you bro.  I build my own calls and I use to love the .004 natural latex.  I would run simple 2 reed call with that stuff killed many longbeards with it.  For some reason it changed.  I can no longer reproduce that call with the material I'm getting now.  However I've learned to adapted and I'm running calls I never dreamed I would like.  PM me lets talk

Lonehowl

How about Brookside?

jyoung

Kinda late to reply, but Chris Parrish is selling supplies as well. I like the dark grey .004 as my foundation top reed and it is getting hard to find. Betwwen Ron at Pioneer and Chris you will find all you need.

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

TRKYHTR

Quote from: jyoung on March 13, 2012, 10:20:50 AM
Kinda late to reply, but Chris Parrish is selling supplies as well. I like the dark grey .004 as my foundation top reed and it is getting hard to find. Betwwen Ron at Pioneer and Chris you will find all you need.

Jonathan

Do you have Chris Parrish's contact info. Thanks,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

jyoung

Jonathan Young

Lonehowl

If possible, Id like his contact info as well? Thanks!
Mark

Gooserbat

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 07, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

TRKYHTR
No proph is not latex.  It is an entirely different material, the reason rubers are called prophylactics is because that is the most common material that they are made from.  If you need a source for proph get ahold of Lyle at Houndstooth Calls.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.