turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help in removing playing surface

Started by worth612000, March 05, 2012, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMaker

If the playing surface is Glass, you can flood the top with Acetone it will seep in around the edges and soften goop.  Then take a single edge razor blade and using the corner go around the edges an few times and then put some more acetone on it as it will evaporate pretty fast.  Once you can get the blade in there all the way around you may need to add some more acetone and the goop will begin to get really soft then you can pry the glass up without breaking it.  If all else fails ....like everyone else said....Put a piece of cloth over the glass and smack it with a hammer!
Steven

handcannon

I gave the old nail trick a try tonight. Worked pretty good. I was pretty surprised to see the Goop was still pliable after being on there a couple months. I went to pop out my sound board from the backside and did not fair as well. Part of the soundboard pedestal came off with it. No big deal. I'll just sand it down flush and glue one in. Other than the little goof up with the pedestal ther was no damage to the call and I'm back in business again.

ctwny1

Here's how I remove a playing surface. Very simple and does a perfect job every time. First get yourself a dent puller the size of your friction call. Then
on a low setting and paying attention not to scorch or burn the wood i program the micro wave for 10 seconds. Take the call out of micro wave and place the dent puller on...and pull up. DONE

4nolz2

my soundboard sits on some metal washers-if I microwave it ........ :o

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: 4nolz2 on March 09, 2012, 10:11:47 AM
my soundboard sits on some metal washers-if I microwave it ........ :o

Honey, why is the microwave on fire? :o  I can hear it now.  If you try it, be sure to get video and put it on youtube. 

I have heard of using washers, but never figured out why...  If you turn your pots, try turning a pedestal in the pot.  I think you will be pleased with the results. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!