turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tried to pattern my 535 today...

Started by turkeywhisperer, March 03, 2012, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Crobinson on March 04, 2012, 11:54:42 AMI swore the last time shooting it that would be the last. This thing will kick the snot out of you and mine has the thumb hole stock.

Here ya go.  Added a little padding to the cheek riser.  No chipped eye teeth for this guy!   :TooFunny:  Seriously tho...chipped a friggin tooth last spring!   :'(

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

turkeywhisperer

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 04, 2012, 12:01:06 PM
Quote from: Crobinson on March 04, 2012, 11:54:42 AMI swore the last time shooting it that would be the last. This thing will kick the snot out of you and mine has the thumb hole stock.

Here ya go.  Added a little padding to the cheek riser.  No chipped eye teeth for this guy!   :TooFunny:  Seriously tho...chipped a friggin tooth last spring!   :'(

If I did add a red dot or reflex sight that would probably help in getting my face up higher so I wouldn't have to raise my head up to look through it... could keepy face down on the stock..

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

turkeywhisperer

Ok.. I went to sportsman's warehouse an bought a truglo sight with a taller front sight... almost 1/8 of an inch taller.  Gonna try that first and if that doesn't fix it then I will put a red dot or reflex sight on it.

chadabear

I know the problem. I have fixed several 835 and 535's like this. The factory rear sight on ALL mossbergs 835 and 535 are set on the flat plane of the bbl vent rib. The objective of a rear adjustable sight is to move your poi up or down, most front sights are stationary. I had a buddy bring me his 535 tactical several yrs ago shooting 10-12" high, after adjusting the rear sight as far down as it would (which lowers poi) it still shot 10" high. I studied it real hard and on observing the vent rib, I noticed that if you slid the rear sight back, it would slide down as the rib got lower as it got closer to the shooter. TRUST me, i have since fixed MULTIPLE Mossberg high shooting problems with this. It is an easy fix, alot of people think the sights are no good, and cant be adjusted, but it is merely an act of sliding them back an inch or two to lower rear sight enough to bring the poi down. PLEASE, before you spend the $$, go and tryt what I am saying with some bird shot and see if it works...
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

turkeywhisperer

Quote from: chadabear on March 04, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
I know the problem. I have fixed several 835 and 535's like this. The factory rear sight on ALL mossbergs 835 and 535 are set on the flat plane of the bbl vent rib. The objective of a rear adjustable sight is to move your poi up or down, most front sights are stationary. I had a buddy bring me his 535 tactical several yrs ago shooting 10-12" high, after adjusting the rear sight as far down as it would (which lowers poi) it still shot 10" high. I studied it real hard and on observing the vent rib, I noticed that if you slid the rear sight back, it would slide down as the rib got lower as it got closer to the shooter. TRUST me, i have since fixed MULTIPLE Mossberg high shooting problems with this. It is an easy fix, alot of people think the sights are no good, and cant be adjusted, but it is merely an act of sliding them back an inch or two to lower rear sight enough to bring the poi down. PLEASE, before you spend the $$, go and tryt what I am saying with some bird shot and see if it works...

After looking at the rib and the way my sights sit on it I understand what your saying.  I will surely give it a try and thank you for the info.