turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal Heviweight Point of Impact ?

Started by pogo, March 02, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo

I am thinking of ordering some federal heviweight with the flight control wad that I have been hearing so much about.  Before I spend the $ on this experiment, I was wondering if it shoots fairly weel as far as the point of impact.  I have a Remington 11-87 youth with a remington super full turkey choke.  Only using the bead and I dont plan on scopes or red dots or even adjustable sights.  I know that the only way to find out for shure is to shoot it and I will.  But my other loads impact well with just the bead, I have not shot the flight control wad out of it yet and I wanted to know what others were seeing before I invest $ which is getting harder to come by this year :)  Lots of folks here like this load so anyone have a comment?

Grant Flaming

I, too, am trying those shells this season. Haven't shot them yet. However, last year I shot the lead FC loads and didn't notice any problems with point of impact when shooting with beads.

goblr77

I didn't notice any difference in poi while using them.

mudmasher

There is no difference with my 870 youth using the bead. I have 156 hits in 10" @40 yards with RSF choke.

Flyrodder

Quote from: goblr77 on March 02, 2012, 11:15:43 PM
I didn't notice any difference in poi while using them.
I have a Remington 1187 youth 20 ga. with a 21" barrel and with 3" #7's, I didn't see any difference in POI to other shells I've tried. They are just more expensive.
Flyrodder