Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you think of scope and Knoxx stock???

Started by Nick_The_Tinkerer, February 28, 2012, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Im wondering if I did this combination Ill end up with a nasty scope eye....just looking for ideas on this any one have achieved it??? I suppose if the eye relief is there for the scope and it can be set up forward enough it would work.

davisd9

You are asking for bruising and a headache.  What gun you trying to set up?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bird

Why bother with a scope.... Go with a red dot like a Burris Fast Fire III and you won't have to worry about a scope eye.

davisd9

I seen in another thread the gun is an 835.  I am thinking about getting this stock next year for my older 835.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Talon-Thumbhole-Shotgun-Stock,1514,165.htm

It come in the Next G1 Camo.  I would get black and dip it to what color I wanted.  You can find them a good bit cheaper on ebay.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bird

Quote from: davisd9 on February 28, 2012, 01:30:23 PM
I seen in another thread the gun is an 835.  I am thinking about getting this stock next year for my older 835.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Talon-Thumbhole-Shotgun-Stock,1514,165.htm

It come in the Next G1 Camo.  I would get black and dip it to what color I wanted.  You can find them a good bit cheaper on ebay.

I seriously considered this stock!   :icon_thumright:

Beretta686

Just remember to slide the stock out all the way or the scope will bite you. I use a take down case when I travel and slide the stock in to fit in the case. One trip I was running late and when I put the gun together I forgot to slide it out. The scope bit me and drew blood.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

chatterbox

DO NOT use a tube style magnification scope with a knoxx!!!!
You will get bit HARD.
Al is right. Go with FFII, or FFIII, and you will have no issues.
If you require magnification, go with standard stock and limbsaver recoil pad.

HogBiologist

Knoxx does have the NRS (non recoil reducing stock) that is built like the one you mention, but without the recoil spring behind the trigger.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

chatterbox

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 28, 2012, 06:24:32 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 28, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
You will get bit HARD.

Would you feel the same way using a scope with 5" of eye relief?

I have a Knoxx, and it doesn't move much at all with me working the system..... seems a little too firm but may loosen up over a period of shooting...
I had a scope with 5" of eye relief, and got hit hard. So, yes, I feel Like I know what I'm talking about.

WFI79

I've got a spec-ops GenII on backorder from cabelas. Its going on an 870 with an Eotech hope it will workout OK. Had a buddy that had 870SM & shot 3.5" shells with tube scope, spec-ops recoil reducing stock and a older style B-square scope mount with the sharp edge right by the base of your trigger finger...... Let me warn you  that setup was a "bloody" mess when he touched her off.... He only shot it once... Not only did the scope smash his face open so bad he needed a row of stitches but the scope mound tore a big gash in his hand that took forever to heal as he worked with his hands.... Needless to say he dropped the gun and  :angry9:... As i just stood back and :TooFunny: until I saw how bad it really was :o.. He ended up getting the gun drilled and tapped for a regular scope base and putting on an Eotech and now he loves it. But man did it ever give him a bad trigger flinch for quite some time... He only shoots 3" shells now. Hope this helps.

chatterbox

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 28, 2012, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 28, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 28, 2012, 06:24:32 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 28, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
You will get bit HARD.

Would you feel the same way using a scope with 5" of eye relief?

I have a Knoxx, and it doesn't move much at all with me working the system..... seems a little too firm but may loosen up over a period of shooting...
I had a scope with 5" of eye relief, and got hit hard. So, yes, I feel Like I know what I'm talking about.

I was not doubting you sir, didn't know your were shooting a scope with 5" of eye relief which is why I asked...... but you have confirmed what I had hoped would not happen since I have a scope with 5" set up on an 870sm with the Knoxx recoil reducing stock......
Sorry for my harsh reply. I apologize. Sarcastic responses like mine have no place on here. Please accept my apologies.

Mike

seadux

I shoot one one an 870 SM turkey gun.  I do have an EER scope on the gun and shoot 3.5" shells without a problem.  I echo the sentiment about keeping the stock extended, having it collapsed with a 3.5 Win Supreme HV would be bad.  For your wife I might suggest sticking to 3" shells. The Knoxx does reduce felt recoil on the bruiser loads, but it takes some getting use too.  I had problems with the way the pistol grip stays stationary and the gun moves back into the stock, stout loads can put some serious torque on your wrist.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

:thanks: Shooters friend and a scope on a factory stock or reddot and Knoxx Got it  :thanks:

vtmchunter

I wrote an e-mail to the Knoxx company, because I want to put a Nikon Turkey Pro on my gun.  They said it was ok to use a scope on the Knoxx with recoil reduction.  I don't want to get bashed in the face and have to get stitches.  A representative of the company even sent a picture of his gun with a scope on it.  Blackhawk, the maker of the stock, says it's OK.  Anyone else have a setup of a 12 ga. shooting 3 1/2" and using a scope with recoil reducing Knoxx?

chatterbox

Quote from: vtmchunter on April 10, 2012, 02:11:49 PM
I wrote an e-mail to the Knoxx company, because I want to put a Nikon Turkey Pro on my gun.  They said it was ok to use a scope on the Knoxx with recoil reduction.  I don't want to get bashed in the face and have to get stitches.  A representative of the company even sent a picture of his gun with a scope on it.  Blackhawk, the maker of the stock, says it's OK.  Anyone else have a setup of a 12 ga. shooting 3 1/2" and using a scope with recoil reducing Knoxx?
I did. I got hit. My scope had 4.5" of eye relief, and it slammed me. Bought a Mueller Quick Shot.