OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweight wrong size? UPDATE

Started by 224tth, February 27, 2012, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

Looks like EM isn't the only ones cutting corners these days. The way I see it is we can go to lead, pay too much for mislabled heavy shot, or pay way too much for nitro ammo. In the companies defense tungsten prices are way up I think, and they are trying to keep their prices down. However, I willnot end this post by seemingly supporting big companies misleading the consumer. Be honest guys.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

agturkey

224tth

My buddy has been in contact with federal and so have I.  Sent them one box to check.  The checked and sent us a return tag for postage and we have sent them all 8 boxes.  They checked what they had in stock to make sure it was #7 and are replacing our mislabeld ammo with the right thing.  We had shot a couple and cut one open and they said that was no problem.

I am very happy with the speed of the response and how it was handled!

thanks
224tth

MOStrutter

I just bought 6 boxes from Dunn's on Sunday.  Is this an issue with all boxes with that lot #?  And if so, will Federal replace those with the correct shells?

savduck

MO, I saw your reply about being worried about the 20 ga and 12. My 20 ga shells from Dunns appear to be #7s. They just dont pattern worth a hoot compared to other lot numbers.

The other thing that worrys me is that everybody says they blow right through plywood at 40 yards. I use a piece of 5 ply plywood as my back stop. At 20 yards mine only penetrated the first layer of the 5 plys.
Georgia Boy

224tth

We got our 8 boxes of replacement 3.5" #7 HW back from federal yesterday.  Will pattern them and let you know how the new ones pattern.

thanks
224tth