Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picking Up A New Friction Call...Which ONE?

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 22, 2011, 01:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

I've decided to pick up a new friction call this year.  Like most I'm always adding something new each year so this will be one of the things I'm getting.  I've been turkey hunting for 20 yrs now so I've used many different friction calls.  I know I want to pick up either an Aluminum or Crystal.  So help me pick a place to get it from.  I just don't won't one of the Walmart specials not saying there not good but I've bought many brands and types of them and want to try something different.  Such as a woodhaven classic cherry crystal or a call maker on OG.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

joshua

Give Wendell a call at Lights out.  He makes some killer aluminum calls.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Chester

David Halloran's Crystal Mistress. I picked one up at the convention and it is an outstanding call.

harvester

ncturkey

I am a big fan of Crystal for a call surface. But if I may give ya a tad different choice. It is Bronzed Glass. It is between Crystal and glass in sound. I got a Quartersawn Osage Bronzed Glass over glass by Daryl Slaton and it sounds awesome.                                                   

unclerick

I got an black anodized alluminim from Ryan Bonjour that is wicked with turkey,
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

hookedspur

Being a member of this board you can contact any of several call makers and be completely be satisfied with the call you order.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey slayer

Quote from: hookedspur on February 22, 2011, 07:56:36 AM
Being a member of this board you can contact any of several call makers and be completely be satisfied with the call you order.
:agreed:

allchokedup

Quote from: ncturkey on February 22, 2011, 07:15:40 AM
I am a big fan of Crystal for a call surface. But if I may give ya a tad different choice. It is Bronzed Glass. It is between Crystal and glass in sound. I got a Quartersawn Osage Bronzed Glass over glass by Daryl Slaton and it sounds awesome.                                                   

:icon_thumright: And if you ever want to try a slate call, his is the best I've put my hands on. I keep trying different pot calls and when its time to load up my vest, well, I have'nt found one to replace it.

scoot12

I agree with ncturkey,  I have two bronze glass calls,  one from Scott at WillowRidgeCalls and one from Lon Trice in a zebrawood pot.  Lon just won the dd adams award with a bronze glass call.  Awesome surface.  Scoot

Extremesolo

I would also check out A+J custom calls.  Andy is a great guy to deal with and he will go the extra mile to be sure you are pleased with the final result.  I have several of his calls and they are all excellent.

sugarray

I received a call from Mother Lode turkey calls, aka TRKYHTR, Joe Slaton.  It is all turkey and is a beauty.  He will treat you right and let you hear the call first.  Look at the banner at the bottom, you will not go wrong.

870BkWht

Quote from: scoot12 on February 22, 2011, 11:36:01 AM
I agree with ncturkey,  I have two bronze glass calls,  one from Scott at WillowRidgeCalls and one from Lon Trice in a zebrawood pot.  Lon just won the dd adams award with a bronze glass call.  Awesome surface.  Scoot

I want to try a bronze glass turkey call as well.  Anyone have a sound file of one?

VA_Birdhunter,  call me, Ill run that copper/slate Osage from Pappy for ya. 

Jbird22

big j