OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pistol grip for a mossberg 835

Started by MossbergMike, February 26, 2012, 09:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MossbergMike

I have been looking for a pistol grip or a thumb hole for my 835. Is anyone selling one or no were I can find one for under a hundred bucks?

Coldtrain

I am in the same boat. I am trying to decide between the ATI talon or the knoxx specops.  I am leaning toward the talon simply because I like the design better.

mightyjoeyoung

I got mine right through o.f. mossberg.  Think it was around 50 bucks. I love it but it does not sit quite high enough at the cheek swell riser to use with raised optics, as my chipped tooth last years can atest to!  All I did was cut a piece of camo neoprene to fit the riser and used high strrength 3' spray adhesive to glue it in place.  Sits up perfectly now and absolutely zero cheek slap...or chipped teeth.   :z-winnersmiley:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

fountain2

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 26, 2012, 03:16:25 PM
I got mine right through o.f. mossberg.  Think it was around 50 bucks. I love it but it does not sit quite high enough at the cheek swell riser to use with raised optics, as my chipped tooth last years can atest to!  All I did was cut a piece of camo neoprene to fit the riser and used high strrength 3' spray adhesive to glue it in place.  Sits up perfectly now and absolutely zero cheek slap...or chipped teeth
:TooFunny:....I can't laugh...mine did the same thing to me.  Holy crap it hurt...I had blood pouring though.  I didn't realize the comb was that low and with a red dot it definitely needs to be higher ...the thumbhole too really.  Mint came straight from Mossberg as well

MossbergMike

I checked the mossberg website and I didn't see them in camo only black. maybe I need to look again.

tcook7

They have them, just call them.  I just bought one for a 500, $78.  But beware, it took about it 2 months to get it.

MossbergMike

Oh my That is one sweet set up I am going to call tomorrow. Thanks! :drool:

mightyjoeyoung

I bought the all black thumbhole stock and painted it along with the rest of the gun.  I then added the neoprene riser pad to hopefully keep my eyetooth intact this spring.   :z-dizzy:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

fountain2

Where u get the comb raiser?  I need one..possibly 2.  That is the same pistol grip stock I have as well in obsession on my tt model

JohnnieB

I have seen the Knoxx stock going for $98.00 TYD on ebay.

davisd9

Thinking about getting this one next year.  They come in black and camo.  It is a bit more than $100 for the camo version.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-talon-thumbhole-shotgun-stock.html
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer