Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 2/24/2012 "Listen, hear, and follow through."

Started by BOFF, February 23, 2012, 11:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I'm not sure how many of you are like me, and often find yourselves formulating an answer before someone else even finishes his or her sentence. I have to remind myself to listen, and listen closely. I'm not sure how many of you often feel you need to find a way to do things yourself, and have a hard time accepting help. Yep, that was me, and at times it still is today.

However, I found out, it is a lot easier in the long run to to accept help. But accepting help, leads me back to the other issues of listening closely. To accept help, is being open to all things. Listening, hearing completely, thinking about what has been heard, and following the information.

Proverbs 19:20 (NIV1984)

20 Listen to advice and accept instruction,
   and in the end you will be wise.

While reading, and looking at the above verse, I noticed two actions I need to do: listen, and accept.

As mentioned earlier, I can listen, but do I actually hear the instruction/advice fully?  Or, am I already formulating a reply back, rather than accepting and putting into practice the instruction/advice?

We often do the same with God's gentle voice, and prompting of the Holy Spirit. We do things our way, or think we need to tweak a little here or there. If God wanted it to be tweaked or changed, He would have already done it!!!  Leave it alone!!!  Just simply follow the instructions He is telling you today, or has been for the past weeks, or even, years. Just listen, hear, and follow through.

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of my closed ears, and deafness to your voice at times. Forgive me of thinking I can do it by myself. Let our ears, eyes, and hearts be of Your ways. Let our minds be focused on your Words, and the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Help us to follow through with your instructions, as we know Your ways are purposeful, and true.

Make us mindful of the needs of others, and may we exemplify love, and faith, being men and women who are pleasing in Your sight. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.   

Roostem33

Yep, if you want something done, do it yourself!! I struggled with this for quite some time, all I did was work myself to death for nothing. Thanks for the Reminder David!!

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Turkey Beard

I find that, ever since I got into e-mailing, I tend to interrupt people.  With a typed message, you can think of things to say and then say them whenever you're ready to "speak."  I REALLY have gotten into a bad habit of NOT listening and letting people finish what they're saying.  A very timely message for me today... thanks.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Duke0002

turkey slayer

rempumpman

Great devotional and a mighty good lesson; thank you..............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

MisterEd55

Thanks very much for the devotional!  The more I read the postings on this forum, the more I really am encouraged by all of you guys sharing about the Lord and His word.  This is great.   :thanks:
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

h2obil