turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

call for spring bowhunting

Started by snow leopard, February 21, 2011, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snow leopard

i got my permit for spring turkey in wisconsin for the week of april 13-19.  i will be bowhunting;  54# griffin shooting 160 grain snuffers.  as this is my first time, i would appreciate suggestions regarding a good call to use for a beginner that would still be effective,  keeping in mind that one hand will be on my bow with an arrow nocked.  thanks for any help.
"the symbol is not the reality"

sodfather

I'm no expert but I would say a mouth call but if you cant use a mouth call go with a pot or box and use a blind so you can drop the call and take your shot without him seeing you.

hookedspur

Quote from: sodfather on February 21, 2011, 10:47:41 PM
I'm no expert but I would say a mouth call but if you cant use a mouth call go with a pot or box and use a blind so you can drop the call and take your shot without him seeing you.
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

lightsoutcalls

Contact Hook's about some mouth calls.  You can find their link at the left side of the page.  Their calls are great and you won't find better folks to stand behind them!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

snow leopard

thanks very much for the input so far.  i appreciate it.   
"the symbol is not the reality"

Cut*N*Run

If you're in a pop-up blind, you could buy a bow holder and then have both hands free for calling with a pot call. This setup would actually give more freedom to move around without being seen.

If you're not using a blind then I think a mouth call will be the only way to go- at least for close in calling. I would still get a box call or pot call to locate birds and get them started.

sodfather

If you do decide to go with a blind practice shooting out of it. For me I thought it was hard to do but thats just me.

ClayW

I would recommend a blind for sure... Good luck

-Clay