OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sound boards

Started by TN-Hunter, February 22, 2012, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN-Hunter

I  have always used 3 in sound boards for all of my calls just ordered some 2.75 in to try, trying to get a little more rasp at the end and tone it Down a little. just wondering if anyone who has tried these would care to tell what difference a smaller sound board will make.Thanks

Gobblerstopper

That is all I use. From what I can tell there isn't much of a difference.

WillowRidgeCalls

The size of your soundboard effects three things in your call, the rasp, the tone, and the volume of a call. If you have a 3.5 surface and your using a 3" soundboard. If you go to a smaller size soundboard, you will increase the volume and raise the tone of it, the rasp will decrease, because your soundboard has more support and will vibrate less and give you a higher pitched, smooth sounding call with less break over.  If you wanted more rasp and a lower tone in your call, don't shrink the size of your soundboard, make the size of your pedestal diameter smaller, and maybe thinner. If you thin the thickness of your pedestal, thin it from the inside out.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

4nolz2

very generous advice from a pro-alot of this info is guarded and hard to learn for us hobbyists.Thanks alot!

TN-Hunter

Thanks for the info WillowRidge I never thought of it that the way you explained it makes a lot of sense to me.   :thanks: