News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Most pressured public land

Started by Basin_hunter, February 22, 2012, 09:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisatchiecaller

my vote is louisiana.
its gotten progressively worse over the years but now its to the point the pressure never lets up. used  to be first week was bad, now its all. i personally know 2 people who have been shot , in the face. one lost an eye from a hunter setup on other side of bird and the other was just walking and got shot ,again in the side of his head and face..........ever seen a turkey that tall, he is not a midget?
i have had a close call twice, both from people who came in  behind me and shot past me, never called and never even were in range of the bird .
i love turkey hunting but consider it a dangerous sport these days , the only answer is go early, go deep and be very very careful.

schuylkillspur

Pennsylvania has 750,000+  licensed hunters and 250,000 to 300,000 turkey hunters. Bring your own tree.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Cutt

Quote from: schuylkillspur on February 27, 2012, 12:55:24 PM
Pennsylvania has 750,000+  licensed hunters and 250,000 to 300,000 turkey hunters. Bring your own tree.

I agree, plus many idiots, that will "STALK' turkey sounds, and shoot at you too!

20Gaugesmack

GA can be pretty bad after all the quota hunts are over. I have yet to see anything like public land Arkansas duck hunting wherever mallards are at.

WiLL B

I have hunted public MS all my life and public MO,KS,OK,NE,CO,and NM on my out of state trips. MS is the worst I have found by far.