OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pork its whats for dinner.

Started by boomer, February 21, 2012, 10:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boomer

Just got back from Oklahoma bow hunting hogs. Second time going to Shiloh Ranch. Went last year at the end of May. Never got to release an arrow that trip.
Firts day it rain, snow and hailed all in the morning just glad it stopped by the time we got to the stands. Had around 50 hogs come to the feeder the first night. Only one big boar. Got a 15yrd shot went only 80yrds. Weighed about 200lbs. Just booked to go back next Feb tonight. Can't wait

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TANK

Nice Bo-Hawg! If you ate any of him was he strong tasting?

turkey slayer

boomer

Quote from: TANK on February 21, 2012, 10:19:24 PM
Nice Bo-Hawg! If you ate any of him was he strong tasting?

Had some breakfast sausage the other day. It was pretty good I didnt think it had a strong taste at all.

TANK

I have heard the stories about some tasting nasty before... was just wondering. Nice one though!

MizzouOutdoors

:icon_thumright: Congrats on a nice hog!

Flydown

Heck yea, Thats a goodun! Good shootin! Killum all!!!!!!!!!!

K9Doc

Nice little cutters in his mouth!  I work on alot of Hog hunter's dogs here in Mississippi.  They are killing some studs here this season.  They have killed more big hogs this year than ever.  I have patched up about 15 plus in the last 6 weeks.  They are cutting through Kevlar vests and then the dogs!! A couple of hounds have recently been killed in the field.  One guy made the mistake of going in after what he thought was a Sow.  He ended up at the hospital after the 200# Boar with 2.5-3" cutters got done biting his shins and stabing him in the legs!!!  They said he sounded like a little girl!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
A few actual weights:  360#, 325#, 285#, 285#, 280# 265#.  Fellas, these are giants.  
A 200# hog is bad dude!!!
Congratulations on your Boar!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

cannonball

dlquinn

:icon_thumright: Sweet, I hope to get one of those someday...Nice job!  :you_rock:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Ol'Mossy

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Turkey Beard

Nice hog there!  In October of '10 my son-in-law and I went with another guy from church.  I got a nice big boar, the other guy got a huge sow, and my son-in-law shot a Corsican Ram, all with bows.  We've got a group of 13 going on April 7 this year.  I'm in the middle.

1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

redarrow