OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Started by longspur, February 21, 2012, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

I was under the impression that this much change would make a difference in my 835 pattern. Was getting 280 in 10" and 200 in 20" with IC.675. Wanted to open it up a bit and get more in the 20 and hopefully not lose many outside of it. Went to JH .690 and the #s are identical. The JH pattern looks a little more even but I only shot it once. H13 3 1/2" 2 1/4oz #7s out of the same box. What would be your next move to open it up a tad, and do you think by doing so I will lose alot outside the 20?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: longspur on February 21, 2012, 12:13:45 PM
I was under the impression that this much change would make a difference in my 835 pattern. Was getting 280 in 10" and 200 in 20" with IC.675. Wanted to open it up a bit and get more in the 20 and hopefully not lose many outside of it. Went to JH .690 and the #s are identical. The JH pattern looks a little more even but I only shot it once. H13 3 1/2" 2 1/4oz #7s out of the same box. What would be your next move to open it up a tad, and do you think by doing so I will lose alot outside the 20?

I'm always more interested in good even patterns than the numbers and I'm seeing excellent patterns, both core and fringe, with the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke in both the 835 and 935 guns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BigPeck215

while the .015 may seem like a minor change keep in mind that by changing choke brands you are also changing the internal geometry of the choke, so that has an effect on the pattern.

what will really blow your mind is when you change from a .665 Indian Creek to a .675 Indian Creek so same exact choke just a .010 change in diameter and for me it was a 40 pellet change for the good, my numbers went from 210's in the 10" to 250's in the 10"  with the h327's

longspur

What I wanted to do is move shot from the 10 to the 20 without losing a bunch out of the 20. Do you think the H13 choke would do this. What Dia. is it. I may need to go bigger with JH.