OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Avery Power Seat

Started by Crappiepro, February 21, 2012, 08:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Avery Power Seat

The Power Seat's center-bend, folding legs are constructed from lightweight and durable aluminum tubing. They provide four contact points with ground for added stability. Other Features Include: * Weighs only 2 1/2 lbs. and Folds to 1 1/2" thickness * Adjustable shoulder Strap * Woven, Heavy duty Polyester Seat
 STURDY CONSTRUCTION - GREAT DESIGN!

Enlarge
Anybody have or tried one of these yet? I was looking to get a new style seat. I have the H.S. Strut folding seat but they have the legs that sink in the dirt and its hard to level or stay level. This Avery looks like its got that problem solved with the round solid feet base's. My biggest concern is if it's like the old lawn chairs with the webing that gets dry rot and comes apart. What do ya's think?

wmahunter

Crappiepro

I tried to post the link LOL. Anyway it's in the Midwestturkeycallsupply.com site, in the blinds and seat section. Its $29.95

ctwny1

I have and still use the Buckwing turkey seat with adjustable legs. It has webbing like your talking about and I don't think you'll have a problem with dry rot. I've NEVER had a problem with my Buckwing seat and it's over 10 years old and still going strong. You should be fine.

Crappiepro

lightsoutcalls

I have had the Avery seat for several years.  The webbing is more like a heavy seatbelt material than the old webbing on lawn chairs.  I don't think it would ever dry rot.  They are pretty sturdy, but the legs will still sink into soft or wet ground... just not as much as the 4 individual legs. 
  I quite using mine and just went back to the pad on my vest.  The seats are nice for short sits, but they have a slight backward tilt.  After a long sit, the metal frame at the front can cause your legs to go to sleep as the blood flow is restricted. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

SKFOOTER

I've used one for years and love it.  I just slip it inside the back of my vest and head out.

Spring Creek Calls

I use this seat also. I think you could leave it outside all year long and the webbing wouldn't rot. I'd rather lose a call or two than this seat!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

FullChoke

Hmmmm, I'll keep this in mind for those times when I need to Power Sit!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Crappiepro

Quote from: FullChoke on February 21, 2012, 03:20:13 PM
Hmmmm, I'll keep this in mind for those times when I need to Power Sit!
I know, right lol! Something about the words "Power Seat" sold me! ;D

Gobble!

Different product but Cabelas has the gobbler lounger in the bargin cave again.

rev

Thanks Gobble, just a couple of weeks ago I was going to order one when they had  2 cent shipping, but I passed, perfect timing for the bargain cave

fountain2

Looks great..a revised hs strut seat with a back