OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

teak wood for calls?

Started by Oconeeguy, February 21, 2012, 08:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oconeeguy

I have some scrap teak from repair of an old boat several years ago. I MIGHT have enough for a call. Has anyone ever heard of this wood being used for a turkey call? If not, any reason it might not make a good call?

MarkJM

It have used it for a pot call before, also duck calls. It works just as well as any other wood. It is just a little oily. I made a glass call with it and it sounded great. So I would say its safe to use. Its used a lot in the call making.
MuellerCustomCalls

WillowRidgeCalls

Teak is a very good wood to use for calls.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

magnoliagamecalls

I have used it with great success just not a great looking wood. IMO

misfire

I have used it to make box calls, pot calls and strikers. Sounds really good in all three applications
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

pappy

Teak makes a great box call....here is a quote from Steve Turpin's site...."Every call is individually tuned.  Box calls are made from a solid piece of select imported teak (or equal).  The lid is made from rock maple (or equal).  Each call comes with complete instructions."
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

I really like the Glass over Slate with the Teak, it makes a nice sounding call.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

cypresscreek

I have made several box calls out of teak with great success.
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff