OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

double sidebar

Started by VAHUNTER, February 06, 2011, 10:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

does everyone have this or is it just me???
Good things come to those who wait

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

Not sure what you mean,but I don't think so. There are some differences in lay out that I need to get used to.

VAHUNTER

man i cant see nothing on the right side. kinda buggin me a bit.

boggszilla

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 06, 2011, 11:03:02 PM
man i cant see nothing on the right side. kinda buggin me a bit.

Same problem here,not sure how to fix it either.

OldHen

please try a higer screen resolution on your computer...that should do the trick...needs to be higher than the 1024  X 768  just go up one or two settings....
if you dont like it, you can always switch it back.... its not permanent lol

VAHUNTER

Quote from: OldHen on February 07, 2011, 12:14:11 AM
please try a higer screen resolution on your computer...that should do the trick...needs to be higher than the 1024  X 768  just go up one or two settings....
if you dont like it, you can always switch it back.... its not permanent lol
hey Annie that did not solve the problem. just made it bigger lol

FireFly908

I have the same thing!  It actually appears to be a window within a window.  I have the scroll button (or whatever you call it) on the right of my normal screen and the OG screen along with the scroll button on the bottom of the OG screen.  I've looked but there doesn't appear to be anyway to maximize the OG screen, which is what I think needs to be done to it.  But then, I'm far from an expert so who knows?  I do know the world hasn't come to an end, yet! ;D

Crutch

I'm not a web site designer but it appears the site isn't totally built with percentages, pictures are absolute and that involves a pixel count (like the wide screen pic of the bird on the front page). Pages built on percentages will fill a percentage of the screen. Absolute settings are fixed setting. It gets really confusing, especially with a site that has as much going on as this one.
Designing a site requires taking the time to test, build, test and so on which Annie did not have.

I don't like going to a resolution higher than 1024 by 768, cause I like not having to use glasses, but we all have to make sacrifices.  Still glad everything is working!
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

BowBendr

I'm at 1440 x 900 and I still have the dbl. side bars real bad...any other tips Miss Annie ?

VAHUNTER

i have it on AOL. when using internet explorer i do not have the double sidebar but it does not show avatars or pics either. so i guess i will stick with the double sidebar ???

unclerick

I don't have the double side bar, but I did lose the bottom bar that moves post from left to right, but I see one at the bottom of some of the individual post, it will be in one but not in the other, kinda wierd but no big deal.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

OldHen

I will try either over the weekend , or beginning of next week (when everything else is nearly caught up) to create some new theme layouts...to see if that helps...
its the SKIN of the board...and maybe this one has a wacked setting or two....

VAHUNTER

Annie its reallly not that bad. just a little different at first. you need a break from all this stuff i'm sure

OldHen

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 09, 2011, 08:48:48 AM
Annie its reallly not that bad. just a little different at first. you need a break from all this stuff i'm sure

it all good... need to know about these things... I got a plan of action in my head for fixing this --- just have to test and practice it out first lol