OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

turkey gun

Started by tyelper, February 19, 2012, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyelper

i bought a new nova about 3 weeks ago and i put a new set of turkey sights on it, and have shot about 4 different boxes of shells through it and everything is about 8'' high, adjusted my sights down as low as they would go but no help, now i heard a couple of post on here about barrels being off centered,,,,,,,now today out of curiousity i took my sights off and just used the stock bead on the front and gun shot right on the money,,,,,,,anybody got a solution,,,,

GobblinNC

Benelli guns are made to shoot high. 60% of the pattern is supposed to be above POA 40% below and right on POA. Tru glo magnum gobble dot pro series fiber optic sights fixed my POA POI problem on my benelli SBEII.

tyelper

makes no sense why that is why are they shooting high,,i have tru glo sights and it still shoots high, im not into shooting at thier feet to hit the vitals, after all thier guns arent cheap they should make them to shoot  right on,,,,,

Philippe

Have you used the shims that came with the gun to try and level it out?

tyelper

my sight is as low as it will go but its still shooting high, my rear sight is laying on the rib now,,,,

saveallj

The 935 I got is shooting high about 6-8 in. rear sight is all the way down too.

tyelper

guess im gonna have to scope it to dial it in, it is close now with stock bead but not the way i like,,,,,

wmahunter

Put a taller front sight on it or shim under the one you have if that is possible.

tyelper

and what will this do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C J Stahly

that will  make you bring the front end of the gun down, which will lower your POI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GobblinNC

a gunsmith can bend the barrel to correct POI

honker22

Why not just shoot he factory bead and be done?  Most of the Benellis I have shot, have been high
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

wmahunter

If you're shooting a benelli you should be thankful that it is ONLY shooting high.:)

tyelper

wmahunter

I've shot several benellis that shot well off to the side as well as high.  Best thing for a benelli is a red-dot type sight.