turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning Invector Plus 12 gauge

Started by longbeards21, February 18, 2012, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards21

I have a browning invector plus 12 gauge NWTF edition with 24" barrel. I am currently using a kicks .670 choke with winchester extended range 2oz 6's and I am not that pleased with the pattern numbers. I would like to hear some other choke/shell combos and the pattern numbers.

wingbonehntr

I have the same gun with a rhino 670. I shoot Hevi 13 3-1/2 2-1/4 6s and7swith good results. On average I get about 180 with 6s and 240 with 7s. If you want to spend the extra money, NITROS are a good load. They will usually put up 240 to 250s for me. I have shot many Winchester xr and they have never put up the numbers for me that Hevi 13 or nitro has. I also have an Indian creek 665 and 675,and a pure gold 670.  These chokes all put up good numbers. You have a good choke. You may want to try a different load. Hope this will help.
Brent

DC101

BGH 3" hevi 7s through a HeviShot Choke does the job.

SX2 3" hevi 6s with a HeviShot Choke relieves all of their worries.

SX2 also does well with a JH and HS 6s or 7s, but not as tight a pattern as with the HeviShot tube.

Gold Spur

I use the same gun longbeards21. I shoot H-13 3.5" 7's through a Indian Creek BDS .665. After deep cleaning the barrel I can get over 300 pellets in a 10" circle @ 40yds. Also H-13 3.5" 6's pattern great. I haven't tried the Winchester extended range shells.

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

saveallj

I second the Indian Creek.  Shoots great!

Squirrel Hunter

rcpigg65

I shoot the same gun and have an old briley 675 and a kicks 680 and also tried a kicks 670 and could never get the extended range to shoot as well as 3-2-5 lead l;oads . also the old hevi shot white hull shells did not pattern well for me . later on after good deep cleaning I found the newer bronse hull hevi loads in 6's or 7's shoot very well in either of my chokes . I have always been a fan of winchester turkey loads but just never stumbled on right combination for the ext range .

longbeards21

I think I am gonna buy some hevi shells today. What do yall recommend I get as far as oz's and 6's or 7's? Keep in mind, its a 3.5" NWTF browning invector plus 24"barrel with a kicks .670 choke.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: longbeards21 on February 18, 2012, 03:03:52 PM
I have a browning invector plus 12 gauge NWTF edition with 24" barrel. I am currently using a kicks .670 choke with winchester extended range 2oz 6's and I am not that pleased with the pattern numbers. I would like to hear some other choke/shell combos and the pattern numbers.

I would "deep clean" the bore and then try some of the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. Since you have the NWTF edition with the 24" barrel, I'd use the SSX with it's unique internal geometry with that load. I think you'd see a major difference in your patterns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

longbeards21

will a change from a .670 constriction to a .675 constriction change the pattern alot?

longbeards21

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 21, 2012, 12:30:45 PM
Quote from: longbeards21 on February 18, 2012, 03:03:52 PM

I would "deep clean" the bore and then try some of the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. Since you have the NWTF edition with the 24" barrel, I'd use the SSX with it's unique internal geometry with that load. I think you'd see a major difference in your patterns.

Thanks,
Clark

This may be a dumb question but what is SSX?

teke

I third the Indiancreek .665 and Hevi 7's  3.5 2.25oz. You wont be disappointed.

Oconeeguy

I think SSX stands for: Strut Stopper Extreme choke. It seems like i saw one somewhere. Am I correct?

rtsj

Quote from: Oconeeguy on February 21, 2012, 08:38:30 PM
I think SSX stands for: Strut Stopper Extreme choke. It seems like i saw one somewhere. Am I correct?

Roy
Yes you would be correct.  Tru Glo makes it.

Five O

C-N-C .670 with 3.5 Magnum Blends gave me 268 in the 10 at 40 yrds out of my BPS