News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

935 carlson .675ex trky choke

Started by 224tth, February 16, 2012, 11:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

224tth

I got a new 935 with 28"brl. 

I have shot federal 3.5" HW #7 since they came out with GREAT results in a browning citori. It will consistantly put 190-200 in 10" at 40 yards with a CHEAP extended turkey choke that is unported.  It was less than $20 from walmart and is a "indian" something.

I am looking at the .775 ext carlson unported turkey choke.  Has anyone worked with this choke with the #7 fed HW load?

I know to stay away from wadstripping/ported chokes in the Fed flightcontrol wad loads. Almost ALL chokes everyne likes for the 935 have ports.

I have had AWSOME results with the #7HW.  The penatration is unbelievable.

thoughts ideas?

thanks

224tth

MERCing

QuoteI am looking at the .775 ext carlson unported turkey choke.  Has anyone worked with this choke with the #7 fed HW load?

Since you mentioned Turkey choke, I assume you're asking about the .675 Carlsons.
I shoot # 7's in my 20 ga but haven't tried them in my 935 or SBE II yet but the Carlsons .675 has been the best choke I have found for my 935 with 5 and 6's. I have both the ported and non-ported in that constriction. The non-ported works the best of those two in my gun.
I've tried several combo's with Hevi13 and Fed HW loads, including a Star Dot and a Rhino in my 935 and it shoots the Carlsons and Hevi13's the best.
The Carlsons non-ported .675 and Hevi13, 3.5 in, 2 1/4 oz, # 5's has been my combo of choice.