turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

makeing turkey calls

Started by fitter, February 14, 2012, 02:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_W

Whether it be closeouts or a DD Adams winning design it doesn't change the ethics of cutting up someone else's design to save you the time of developing your own from scratch. Many of us have spent the time, wasted the wood, and developed our own designs never once thinking to copy someone else's calls.

CW 

Gobblerstopper

Thank you C_W.

Too many times the new process of becoming a call maker involves nothing more than making a few post on the Internet, buying some tools and cutting up some calls. A lot different than 10 years ago.  :-\

I guess I've contributed to the process, as many have, by putting a picture tutorial on my website a few years ago that showed what goes into a call.

Gobblerstopper

WaddleWhacker, Didn't mean to make it sound like I was singling you out. It's just a proven fact that in today's society instant gratification is more important than other things to many people.  If you told a new call maker today that they had to learn it all on their own and maybe make 20, 30 or even 40 pots before they figured it out, most would not attempt it in the first place.

FWIW, the only cut open pot I would recognize is one that I made.

C_W

Quote from: WaddleWhacker on March 01, 2012, 09:05:02 AM
i bought several types of calls and cut them open to see what to do and what not to do...
Quote from: WaddleWhacker on March 02, 2012, 05:33:11 PM
..only reason i bought and cut up those calls were for the call surface....can you get 5 pieces of aluminum and 4 pieces of slate for 20 bucks...

So did you cut them open to see what to do and what not to do, or did you cut them apart for the surfaces??  ??? ??? ???

To answer your question on if I can get those materials for $20, actually it would cost $20.20 from Brookside today and your talking 8 years ago. I doubt if it was anodized aluminum and slate was right around a buck back then so actually I could have bought twice that amount.....

An old man once told me when stories change a person has either lied about something to start with or is telling a lie to cover what he should not have said. Either way he said to walk away. Good luck!!

CW