turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another for the Mississippi guys

Started by slave601, February 12, 2012, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

We had an excellent hatch 2 years ago in Mississippi. With that bein said I've really seen the results of a jam up hatch. I've been doin a lot of riding an scouting I've seen more turkeys in south miss this year than I have in a long time. Jus wonderin how it's affected the rest of miss? Have y'all seen a big increase in numbers?
"thinnin the flock"

TANK

I haven't been out looking around, but in the Mississippi Sportsman, I read that its going to be the best hunting in south West Mississippi since the turkey boom in the 80's.

delta hunter

Turkey Huntin in the delta has been pitiful for many years. Especially nature land behind ms river levee due to concurrent spring floodings

slave601

Yea the delta region has had it pretty bad for quite a few years now. I haven't seen flocks of over 30 in a long time. I've seen quite a few big flocks and lots of 5 to 10 flocks this year. We needed it
"thinnin the flock"

Turkeyslayer 101

Beeing a state trooper I'm on the road alot in central ms, I've seen alot of turkeys already!
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

K9Doc

Great news SW part of the State.  I may have to revisit the National Forest!  No birds in the Delta.  It is terrible.  Be better off hunting a Zebra!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

delta hunter

I'm a trooper too. LOL It's a small world.

Preacher

You troopers be careful out there!!!!!!!!      let me know if you need someone to ride with you , I would be glad to talk turkey with you sometime.
Romans 8:37

deerhunt1988

East-central MS is definitely looking better than it was last year.

dirt road ninja

I saw more birds this deer season then ever before. Should be a great year. I also saw a ton of jakes last spring. Looking forward to March 15th.

jde

Well Preacher should be no problem for ya to find some birds for us.

Preacher

Birds anit no problem,  A tree big enough for both of us to sit by might be.    :drool:
Romans 8:37

jde