OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tried another new mouth call

Started by savduck, February 10, 2012, 06:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

David, appreciate the comments. Ive had a lot of people encouraging me to call in contests. I may try a few. Id probably do ok, but there are some subtle little things I dont think I do well that the contest callers do. Id just be wasting my money not to win.....and who is REALLY happy coming in second or worse...not me. Im a winner. I strive very hard to get better every year, not to win contest, but to kill more turkeys. Somehow Ive been blessed with a knack of being able to play new calls fairly quickly and half way decent. 

My main objective with all my videos isnt to show boat but rather give some of you guys feedback on custom calls that I have run or own. When I first joined  OG I saw a bunch of comments about guys
being unsure about buying calls. They didnt want to drop the dough and not get a good call.  My videos are there to let guys who have interest in a certain brand  call, know what they are getting for their money. I will say this, I started buying custom calls from our OG makers....I think Im at around 8 of them, and I havent found a bad call yet. One rule stands true.....a turkey caller is gonna sound GOOD if the instrument is made right.

Again, I appreciate everyone comments.
Georgia Boy

bullet355

I was hoping it was a new call, I tried the Goofy Bat Wing last year but I couldn't get it to sound like that. ??? Think I might need to practice more

savduck

Ask him about the pink one, its not on the website. Its the same cut, but everything is flip flopped. It actually plays a little easier and more higher pitched.

Also dont ever be afraid to trim a little tape or bend your calls, or even twist the arms a little. I dont own a mouth call that I havent modified in some sort of way.
Georgia Boy

bullet355

I always have to trim the tape on my mouth calls to get a good seal, and some times I bend them a little but I haven't tried twisting them but I will give it a try. I'll have to check on the Pink one also.

archery1

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR THE TURKEY.... CAN U CALL FOR ME IN APRIL ?????????????????
Take a kid hunting

VA_Birdhunter

I ordered two of these calls and got them in at the first of the week.  I was sick so I held of trying them...but I finally got my chance.  All I can say is WOW there awsome one of the best sounding mouth calls I've ever used!

I will be ordering more in the near future!!! 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens