OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE2 or extrema 2

Started by gooblnfever, February 09, 2012, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton40

Quote from: Swamprunner on February 10, 2012, 10:31:49 AM
It is all about fit with these two guns. They feel totally different in your hands. I own a SBE2, and I don't like it as much as my old SBE.

X2. Go with the original.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ericjames

Borden811

SBE II here, awesome patterns and it just felt better to me in my hands that the extrema. The extrema felt "chunky". That's just my personal opinion though. I've never had a single problem with mine, and I've had it since they first came out.

Dukhntr

I have a regular SBE and an Extrema 2. I love them both. They have both been awesome. I primarily waterfowl hunt with mine. My SBE has around 20K rounds through it. Extrema has around 5K ( I shoot alot of clays). They both have been very reliable, but the SBE has never ever failed to go bang. The guys with trouble with the SBE's in cold weather need to use a product like Breakfree that won't gel up when it gets cold out.  :turkey2:

yelpy

Quote from: Dukhntr on February 13, 2012, 08:47:26 PM
The guys with trouble with the SBE's in cold weather need to use a product like Breakfree that won't gel up when it gets cold out.  :turkey2:

I use the same.

Passintime

I own them both and love them both. Both still get used. I've never had any issues with either of them. The Benelli is lighter and feels better to me in my hands. The Extrema well I just shoot it better. I don't know why  but it's a duck killing machine. It's a little better on paper also. One thing about the Benelli. It will water your eyes when you shoot it sometimes. It kicks like a mule, and I mean a big mule. I saying this referring to two shells, 3 1/2 " nitro's and 31/2" blackcloud's. Anything else I never notice the recoil.

Longshanks

Quote from: goblr77 on February 10, 2012, 08:58:35 AM
Xtrema 2 or A400 Xtreme. They pattern better, kick less, and they will continue to work without constant cleaning.

:agreed: Xtrema 2 is the best patterning gun i have owned and the most reliable shotgun over the years. I had the Xtrema 1 as well and it was the same results.  Several friends of mine have benellis and for some reason there seems to be more maintenance.  My gunsmith sold me on that when he showed me how many Benelli's he was working on compared to Xtremas. At that time there was some spring that had to be replaced in all the Benellis sold at that time. His shop was flooded with them. The only Xtremas he had in his shop he was putting tru-glo sights on or mounting optics. He also directed me to one of the largest gun clubs in the southeast to get their view on it.  Beretta is all they use for rental guns due to low maintenance and performance. Ive been sold on them ever since.

beagler

Quote from: yelpy on February 10, 2012, 10:05:58 AM

They are both great guns. If I were you I would buy the one that fits you best.
+1
Never Misses