OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE2 or extrema 2

Started by gooblnfever, February 09, 2012, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooblnfever

guys trying to decide between these 2 guns and would like to hear the pros and cons on both.

thanks in advance

Gunman1013

Can't speak too much to the Extrema. Have a friend who loves his but only hunts ducks with it. I have owned an SBE and the last 3.5 years have upgraded to the SBEll. I love the gun. Never failed to perform on ducks, turkey, and dove. It may be phsycological but the comfort tech stock seems to tame the recoil.

drenalinld

Own both and love them both. Not many negatives. Benelli kicks harder but I like the feel of the narrower stock and forfend a little better

drenalinld

Forfend, sorry. Beretta does throw a slightly better pattern with heavy turkey loads. Benelli breaks down easier.

hookedspur

My choice would be SBE2.  My buddy owns both and I have never seen him hunt with his Extrema and in both cases his and mine  its how they feel and shoot. Weight and Pattern ./
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

omegafoo

I chose the Benelli specifically due to feel and weight. It felt better in my hands with the narrower stock as already stated. Felt like, for me, it pointed better as well.

I duck hunted with it this year and it didn't seem to kick much at all. But then again, I'm used to shooting an 870 Super Mag.

goblr77

Xtrema 2 or A400 Xtreme. They pattern better, kick less, and they will continue to work without constant cleaning.

yelpy

They are both great guns. If I were you I would buy the one that fits you best.

Swamprunner

It is all about fit with these two guns. They feel totally different in your hands. I own a SBE2, and I don't like it as much as my old SBE.

redleg06

Owned both and sold the SBE2.... jammed up more in cold weather.

Both are quality guns but my Extrema is my favorite shotgun and I've shot them all it seems like...

ghillie

SBEII- their is a spring system in the stock that takes up a lot of the recoil...it needs a good cleaning a couple times a year..if you don't it will cycle slow in cold weather and leave smoke stacks in the chamber..otherwise a very reliable gun.

Don't know much about the Extrema 2 but if your going to spend the money..take a look at the A400...this will be my next waterfowl gun..

GobblinNC

cant go wrong with the SBEII

goblr77

Quote from: ghillie on February 10, 2012, 10:54:04 AM
SBEII- their is a spring system in the stock that takes up a lot of the recoil...it needs a good cleaning a couple times a year..if you don't it will cycle slow in cold weather and leave smoke stacks in the chamber..otherwise a very reliable gun.

Don't know much about the Extrema 2 but if your going to spend the money..take a look at the A400...this will be my next waterfowl gun..

The A400 would be a great choice...I want one. Right now I can't decide between an A400 Extreme or a 391 urika 2. I shoot a lot of doves so I'm leaning toward the Urika 2 but the A400 Extreme would be a terror on ducks and turkeys.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-a400-xtreme-unico-ko-max4-12ga-35/

Turkeyslayer 101

I just purchased an A400 beretta yesterday will have results soon
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

golfernash

Extrema hands down.  Less trouble.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk