News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HTL prices are going crazy.

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, February 09, 2012, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck1443

I had "put in cart " yesterday on
Max perry wings web page 2 boxes of heavy 13 3.5 #6 for 20.99 per box , didn't order , refreshed today they were 28.99 per box ? Missed the bus on that one . I still want to try the heavy shot even at $6 a shot

TrophyTracker

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 10, 2012, 08:28:03 AM
I understand that everyone is upset that the price of loaded HTL shells is going up, but we do need to remember that the ammo companies do not set the price of tungsten. The price of raw materials is skyrocketing, and they have to raise their prices to stay in business. At some point everyone just has to decide how much they are willing to pay.

:agreed:
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

chatterbox

If your ammo isn't the least expensive part of your spring hunt, then finding a lead shell/choke combo that gives you a decent pattern at acceptable ranges is still a very viable option.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Oh, I don't blame the ammo companies.  I know they have to make a profit on their product.  And HTL is a very good product. 

My point is, I have several years' worth of that product on hand, and I'm certain that the prices of HTL in the future will be more than I'll be willing to pay.  Fortunately, I have almost 40 rounds of HTL to hunt with.

No more HTL target practice on paper targets at $6 a pop.  $4 a pop was bad enough.  I've worked out my gun-choke-shell combos for both of my guns, and I have no further need for target practice with $6 shells.

GOLD HUNTER

HEY shell shucker

never say never !!! I say the same, but every year I allway shoot @ paper just b4 the season comes in and like last year, i had my 1300 good togo and the scope blowed and had to put a new one on it and back to the range we went.... shooting at more paper !!!   :TooFunny:

brian

renegade19

Got 2 boxes yesterday for $17.49 a pop.  Mailed in the rebate, hoping to get 10 bucks back.  I'm sure they are "last years" shells but quite a difference in price! I might go back and buy the last 8 or 10 boxes.

BrowningGuy88

I bought 10 more boxes of H13 3-1.25-6 for the 20. Got it from my local guy and he gave me a deal.

bbcoach

I believe since Hevi's have went up, I'll bet you'll see a price increase in the Winchesters in the near future.  With the increase in Tungsten prices, you'll see many Hevi users jump ship and that will drive the Winnies price up due to supply and demand.  May not be a 8 to 10 dollar increase like the Hevi's this year but it's coming. 

Longshanks

I have been buying Hevi 13 12g for 17.99-19.99 (this year and last year) and bought 3 boxes of Hevi 13 20g for 12.99 a box today.  I have bought enough to kill 100+ turkeys. Dont think i will need anymore. This is not duck hunting where you need to go buy cases of shells every year..This is turkeys and a turkey hunter who kills 50-100 in a lifetime is doing dang good..  That being said..if you like shooting it..go buy enough to last for awhile. If not go buy lead and hopefully if the demand goes down..so will the price. If you want to shoot Hevi 13 its just a matter of preparation.   :turkey2: