OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help w/ wood ID ??

Started by TarheelTurk, February 05, 2012, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

Got these two pieces from a wood pile & if possible i would love to know what they are. They are gonna be cut up soon for blanks. Thanks for any and all help w/ this yall. Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Cut*N*Run

That looks like black birch to me.

J Hook

I agree with Tarheal,although i believe that it is Paper Birch.

Bonjour

shark

woodwzrd

I was thinking cherry as well

M,Yingling

I got decent sized choke cherry out back with bark that looks like that
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

MarkJM

I have milled enough cherry trees to know what cherry looks like and it sure looks like cherry to me.
MuellerCustomCalls

misfire

Well, guess I have to ornery and contrary, but it looks like CHERRY to me too :goofball:
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

decoykrvr

I cut one up this past weekend which looked like your picture/ Cherry.  What's it smell like?  Cherry has a pretty distinctive odor.

TarheelTurk

Quote from: decoykrvr on February 06, 2012, 05:31:04 PM
I cut one up this past weekend which looked like your picture/ Cherry.  What's it smell like?  Cherry has a pretty distinctive odor.
[/quote
First of all "thank you" to everyone who has helped ID the wood for me. I really didnt smell it but I will. Heck that out and if it is cherry I jus may have to "borrow" the remaining pieces that have not been split for firewood ASAP! Thank y'all Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL