turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are we the only ones?

Started by bowhunter2k9, February 02, 2012, 11:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Planning to shoot twice or pump the gun is a bad plan..shooting at running or flying turkeys is not smart..:Better yet if your gonna do that you might as well fire a warning shot LOL. Please get all this on video. :bike2:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: wmahunter on February 02, 2012, 04:11:21 PM
Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 02, 2012, 02:55:58 PM

But main reason is the 29.99 for 5 H13's compared to 9.99 for 10 HV's

Are you serious?  The cost of the shell is the absolutely smallest part of my turkey hunt and probably yours too so I don't care if the shells cost $50 each, I'm still not going to skimp of them because of cost. 

Unless you walk to where you are hunting your gas is a much higher expense than even the most expensive shells out there. 

I'm probably gonna shoot less than 10 turkey shells this year anyway including patterning.

No sir, Are you serious? I'm in college right now paying my own way, I could care less if he's dead because of lead or Hevi at 40 yds or under.. so why waste my money? I easily pattern more than 100 in a 10" at 40yds with those HV's...so in your eyes its "ethical", so why argue?

If he's a field bird at 50 yds, I'll have enough time to change loads, or I may not even take the shot and go around him once he leaves... either way dead bird.
Romans 8:38-39

Longshanks

Good luck with that reloading while a turkey is standing in front you..If you don't think a turkey can hear you and see you reloading a shotgun when he is 50 yards and closing..you must be new to the sport. You can hide in a blind but there's no way to reload a shotgun without a turkey hearing you. If money is that tight..sell the Hevi shot and hunt with the HV's and call them inside 40yds. Always remember..He is called a "wild turkey"..the less you move when a turkey is coming in the better off your gonna be.

BowBendr

Quote from: Longshanks on February 02, 2012, 08:21:22 PM....the less you move when a turkey is coming in the better off your gonna be.

I agree. Trying to switch out shells is just inviting ol' Murphy and his law to show up and spoil the hunt.