turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

goose call

Started by shoe72, January 31, 2012, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoe72

anyone ever use a goose call as a locator call?
mid day when them gobblers are tight lipped
I've noticed that when some geese fly over and start
honking sometimes that gets the birds gobbling.
just wandering if anyone ever tried it,or if anyone else
has noticed that where they hunt

scott ellis

I  dont carry one in Florida but I bet it would work!  When I hunt SC every year, my buddy(who lives there) carries one of his goose calls and they will gobble their heads off at it.  I also hunted another place near Spartanburg last season. There was a flock of geese roosted in the pond near where we were hunting.  At day break when the geese started up, the gobblers started hammering.

se

dirt road ninja

Lots of guys use them. I promise it won't hurt anything.

shoe72

thanks guys...now to find me a decent cheep goose call

drenalinld

bpsmag1026

Wing supply has a couple on sale for $5.99.

Chris Downs

best one to get is a half breed by tim grounds.  really high pitched and usually you can pick them up fairly cheap on the internet.

TN-Hunter

On the lake where i hunt people go from cove to cove hooting to get a gobble the birds have become accustom to it as a result sometimes will not answer it but a lot of the times they Will a goose call

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

nate829

I think I'm going to carry my strait meat honker with me this spring. Last season I was working a gobbler in a cut corn field, while two geese flew in to the field honking like crazy. The gobbler fired off at least ten times at the fast honking of the geese. It was pretty cool to here!!

mightyjoeyoung

A nice loud hail call or a few sharp double clucks will definetely get a gobbler to shock.  I don't use one around here as I have a good barred owl call and there aren't too many of the real thing up here yet so there is no need for another locator in my vest.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

kevin2

I just popped my goose call into the vest. Seems like a good idea...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

FloppinTom

I hunt near big creeks and you hear more geese at daylight than turkeys. Turkeys will gobble to geese I hear them every year. I carry a goose call also to locate. I cant blow it very well but it works.  :toothy12: LOL 
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.